What's new

Round 4, Battle of Brisbane

Josh

QLD Cup
He left the Brisbane Broncos on a high note......he was in good form his last few games.
Expecting him to get back to around that level on a consistent basis for us. IMO Katoa was the weak link last game. His form was way down on the first two games. I just wonder if Wayne really wants to give Milf a go against the Broncos.......

Last edited:

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
He might not even play. Was he playing for Newcastle last time he played against the Broncos? Strange thing with Milford. When Wayne was the coach, he was a rodeo star. As soon as Wayne was sent on his way, poor Milf fell off the Bronco and could never get back on. Expecting Milf to perhaps not reach that pre Wayne sacking level but still be much improved.
He'll be playing. Seems almost certain. But then again, I thought Kafusi would be free to play.....

Early Mail: Following Felise Kaufusi’s four-match suspension beind handed down, the Dolphins will have some shuffling to do. Kenny Bromwich will likely shift back to his native edge position, with Mark Nicholls or Jarrod Wallace into the starting team. There’s also question marks over the fitness of Isaiya Katoa. James Hooper reports the young playmaker will need to pass a fitness test on an injured elbow on Thursday before he is cleared to play.

But the NRL360 panel believe Wayne Bennett could be managing the rising star. Co-host Paul Kent believes Bennett and the club may have seen signs from the rising star that he needs a rest “for his own benefit”. “You want to talk about Wayne’s mind tricks, that’s where it’s working,” he said.

Should Katoa be ruled out, Anthony Milford is in line to face his old club after being dropped by Wayne Bennett due to a lack of fitness.

Braith Anasta says Bennett’s handling of Milford could have been part of a plan to have the former $1 million playmaker primed to face the club that let him go.

“He’s playing his old club, told he wasn’t fit enough, he wasn’t part of the team and his culutre wasn’t good enough. He’s given him three weeks now to rest, to train and take on the old foe which he would want to be ready to stand up and deliver.”

McHunt

Dolphins Junior League
He might not even play. Was he playing for Newcastle last time he played against the Broncos? Strange thing with Milford. When Wayne was the coach, he was a rodeo star. As soon as Wayne was sent on his way, poor Milf fell off the Bronco and could never get back on. Expecting Milf to perhaps not reach that pre Wayne sacking level but still be much improved.
Being called up as standby for a rookie is much improved?

Equaliser

Being called up as standby for a rookie is much improved?
He had fallen into bad habits in the off season. Looked outright fat. He's had a month to get fit and is hopefully ready to go.

McHunt

Dolphins Junior League
He'll be playing. Seems almost certain. But then again, I thought Kafusi would be free to play.....

Early Mail: Following Felise Kaufusi’s four-match suspension beind handed down, the Dolphins will have some shuffling to do. Kenny Bromwich will likely shift back to his native edge position, with Mark Nicholls or Jarrod Wallace into the starting team. There’s also question marks over the fitness of Isaiya Katoa. James Hooper reports the young playmaker will need to pass a fitness test on an injured elbow on Thursday before he is cleared to play.

But the NRL360 panel believe Wayne Bennett could be managing the rising star. Co-host Paul Kent believes Bennett and the club may have seen signs from the rising star that he needs a rest “for his own benefit”. “You want to talk about Wayne’s mind tricks, that’s where it’s working,” he said.

Should Katoa be ruled out, Anthony Milford is in line to face his old club after being dropped by Wayne Bennett due to a lack of fitness.

Braith Anasta says Bennett’s handling of Milford could have been part of a plan to have the former $1 million playmaker primed to face the club that let him go.

“He’s playing his old club, told he wasn’t fit enough, he wasn’t part of the team and his culutre wasn’t good enough. He’s given him three weeks now to rest, to train and take on the old foe which he would want to be ready to stand up and deliver.”
Be an apathetic, burger-guzzling, chubby is only half the story. He's also lost his speed. And that's all he had going for him.

McHunt

Dolphins Junior League
He had fallen into bad habits in the off season. Looked outright fat. He's had a month to get fit and is hopefully ready to go.
You might find those "bad habits" long predate the off season, and Wayne isn't the first coach to put him on final notice.

Josh

QLD Cup
Be an apathetic, burger-guzzling, chubby is only half the story. He's also lost his speed. And that's all he had going for him.
If he has lost the excess kgs, he will have regained some of his speed. To go along with his footwork. The biggest issue will be his defence.

McHunt

Dolphins Junior League
If he has lost the excess kgs, he will have regained some of his speed. To go along with his footwork. The biggest issue will be his defence.
Maybe Wayne will let him "play his natural game." LOL.

Josh

QLD Cup
He still has thins season and one more good season in him. After that, I think he might find it a little too hard to keep those kgs off. But he's only contracted to this year and next so after that, he can eat all the Maccas he likes. Though I'd recommend against it.

Josh

QLD Cup
Maybe Wayne will let him "play his natural game." LOL.
If 2014~2016 was him "playing his natural game", I certainly hope that's what Wayne has told him to do. Hopefully he can to a large extent. The days when he dominates like that are over but so are the days of his last 3 years at the Broncos.

Equaliser

I can only say, the stage is almost set for Milf to prove angry Broncos fans wrong. He just needs to get picked.:)

McHunt

Dolphins Junior League
If 2014~2016 was him "playing his natural game", I certainly hope that's what Wayne has told him to do. Hopefully he can to a large extent. The days when he dominates like that are over but so are the days of his last 3 years at the Broncos.
He was even worse at the knights. Wayne would be better off investing his energy in Albert Kelly as a backup.

Red

Forum staff
Being significantly overweight was a real thing at the Broncos back then. Didn't they have the "all you can eat for free Macca's" thing or is that just a rumour? The burgers were the least of their worries. The fries and thick-shakes are much more serious.

Last edited:

Chris

QLD Cup
Being significantly overweight was a real thing at the Broncos back then. Didn't they have the "all you can eat for free Macca's" thing or is that just a rumour? The burgers were the least of their worries. The fries and thick-shakes are much more serious.
No one loved the fries and burgers more that the self-proclaimed genius coach of that time.

Red

Forum staff
No one loved the fries and burgers more that the self-proclaimed genius coach of that time.
That guy is a hero! Thanks to him, we are a match for them in only our first season.

McHunt

Dolphins Junior League
NO! Not only is he just a little better than useless but a toxic personality as well.
That's a bit harsh, especially in the context of Milford. But granted he needs to be banned from the booze.

Never mind, he's not in your Top 30 anyway. I was under the impression he was.

Chris

QLD Cup
That's a bit harsh, especially in the context of Milford. But granted he needs to be banned from the booze.

Never mind, he's not in your Top 30 anyway. I was under the impression he was.
I thought he was in the Broncos top 30.