What's new

Round 26: Dolphins vs North Queensland Cowboys

Red

Forum staff
Been a long, hard season. NRL haven't done us any favours with some of the dubious suspensions. Shown enough to be optimistic about next year.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Disagree about the edges. Whole team looks way off the pace. Agree 100% about SOS.
Can't blame the forwards for SOS tonight. They are doing fine. Niko however has a running game but not much of a playmaker.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Can't blame the forwards for SOS tonight. They are doing fine. Niko however has a running game but not much of a playmaker.
SOS copping too much and Niko not enough IMO. Niko is a fine player. I rate him but not starting in the halves.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Once again, Bostock has done nothing to justify Wayne's faith in him. Looking forward to seeing Bostock burst out of the blocks from round 1 next year!

Blockade

QLD Cup
Niko leads the team in try assists (by far), line break assists (by far) , 40/20's, mtrs per kick average and forced restarts. You may not think that he's a playmaker but he's the closest thing to it in the Dolphin camp. He's the team MVP by a hell of a distance.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Niko leads the team in try assists (by far), line break assists (by far) , 40/20's, mtrs per kick average and forced restarts. You may not think that he's a playmaker but he's the closest thing to it in the Dolphin camp. He's the team MVP by a hell of a distance.
Probably true but I just think if Milf has been the regular 5/8, the team would have been better. I rate Niko. Just not starting in the halves.

Josh

QLD Cup
The game was a miniature version of the season. Strong early on, fell away in the second half of the season.

Phins Phan

Dolphins Junior League
I’m afraid I find Wallace a particularly frustrating footballer. He does some nice things with the ball, certainly, but too often lets himself and the team down with a dumb play or offload that isn’t on. Tonight it was knocking the ball out of the dummy half’s hand at 6-0 down - Cowboys scored three or four tackles later and again in the next set off the kick-off. Sure, the team had to be better at defending the error but it was a 0% play that was only ever going to give the opposition six more tackles in an attacking position

Josh

QLD Cup
I’m afraid I find Wallace a particularly frustrating footballer. He does some nice things with the ball, certainly, but too often lets himself and the team down with a dumb play or offload that isn’t on. Tonight it was knocking the ball out of the dummy half’s hand at 6-0 down - Cowboys scored three or four tackles later and again in the next set off the kick-off. Sure, the team had to be better at defending the error but it was a 0% play that was only ever going to give the opposition six more tackles in an attacking position
Yep but the way he leads the pack forward in the absence of Tommy Gilbert, he's entitled to the odd mistake. The other props don't go forward like him and still make the mistakes.

Josh

QLD Cup
Harrison Graham I'm sure is the ebst bloke in the world but he's not going to make it as an NRL hooker.

Red

Forum staff
3. Isaako
2. ......Kafusi?
1. Hammer (but he was outplayed by Drinkwater.)

Jetty

QLD Cup
Better team won but how was Feldt not penalised for kicking SOS in the face?

Blockade

QLD Cup
Better team won but how was Feldt not penalised for kicking SOS in the face?
The ref deemed it accidental but Feldt needs to be cautioned about his jumping style. He's going to take an eye out one day. The last thing SOS needed last night was a kick in the mouth. He needs a few kicks up the backside though.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
The ref deemed it accidental but Feldt needs to be cautioned about his jumping style. He's going to take an eye out one day. The last thing SOS needed last night was a kick in the mouth. He needs a few kicks up the backside though.
Funny. He's doing the best the can but unfortunately, he's only good enough to be a back up. Or maybe there just aren't enough good halfbacks. I was reading a few weeks ago how SJ, Hunt, DCE, Reynolds are all going to retire in about 2 years and there is no one to replace them. At least no one adequate enough.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
That jumping style is on purpose to help him not get smashed as soon as his feet hit the ground. He didn't mean to kick SOS in the face but it was still his fault. Should have been penalised an maybe binned. But I don't mind it so much. Of course I wanted us to win but I'd prefer to see the Cowboys make the finals before the Roosters or Souths. And seems to be a 3 way race between them for 8th spot.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Just caught up. Typical end of season there is nothing to play for match. Go through the motions try some stuff give some new players a bit more match time, wait for next year.