What's new

Round 21: Dolphins v Gold Coast Titans

Red

Forum staff
3. Kodi (was targeted by Fifita but didn't take a backward step.)
2. Kafusi (another veteran didn't make mistakes or take a backward step.)
1. Plath (still doing really well for a makeshift hooker.)

Have to call out:
  • Kerr for that incredibly dumb sin binning 2 weeks in a row.
  • Isaako has been well and truly eclipsed by Bostock. Other posters might point out Bostocks mistakes. That's true but to be expected when he's involved twice as much as Isaako.
  • Hammer made one good run. For about 50m. Take that off him and I think he ran for less than 100m. Very poor for a fullback.
I'm too disappointed to point out positives. Just agree with you. Also in the first half Katoa was having a blinder. From next season with forwards going a bit better, I think he'll play like that for the whole game every week.

In the second half Jesse didn't do anything to calm the situation. I can't remember exactly but at one point I thought, "WTF are you doing?" Isaako was on in the second half, wasn't he? Averillo goes ok but seriously doesn't challenge the defence much. There was a half-break at some point, looked like a try on until Averillo got the ball, ran, got hammered, chance over. I think we might see that Manly winger in the centres and Averillo in Cup next year.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Now let's not get carried away but I thought bostock was one of the standouts. His first was dubiously scrubbed, his second sure it was knocked on but his awareness to dive over the ruck with no space was imaginative. Hammer awful that shoulder charge on fifita was a joke fuller would have probably made that tackle the guys like scrappy doo.

Forwards kaufusi had a solid game as did Plath. Yes he made the rip but the rest of the game he went well. Ray Stone solid as ever massively underrated
What time did you have to get up to see the game?

Chris

QLD Cup
Now let's not get carried away but I thought bostock was one of the standouts. His first was dubiously scrubbed, his second sure it was knocked on but his awareness to dive over the ruck with no space was imaginative. Hammer awful that shoulder charge on fifita was a joke fuller would have probably made that tackle the guys like scrappy doo.

Forwards kaufusi had a solid game as did Plath. Yes he made the rip but the rest of the game he went well. Ray Stone solid as ever massively underrated
Bostock knocked on but as the after game commentators pointed out, Foran was on his back and tried to make the tackle with his legs. It was obviously illegal but the knock on came before that so not sure where that leaves us. But back onto Bostock, he's improved so much. Put on a lot of weight. Probably more confident as a result of that.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Quick question, who was sat behind woolfe and Wayne in the box? It looked a lot like tana umunga

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Bostock knocked on but as the after game commentators pointed out, Foran was on his back and tried to make the tackle with his legs. It was obviously illegal but the knock on came before that so not sure where that leaves us. But back onto Bostock, he's improved so much. Put on a lot of weight. Probably more confident as a result of that.
You will know I was pretty negative about Bostock and Kerr at the start of the year, having seen their efforts at the Dragons.

Bostock, has proven me wrong, and despite the errors today, I think he has been great.

Kerr has been okay, whilst not setting thew world on fire.

Equaliser

Doesn't mean there isn't something that they do which could benefit others.
There is a lot to gain by way of poaching talented NZ rugby players. As for Australian players, they don't really matter anymore.

midlands hobo

There is a lot to gain by way of poaching talented NZ rugby players. As for Australian players, they don't really matter anymore.
I'm not talking about players. I'm talking about coaching, methods, theories etc there is something useful in every sport that can be used. Transferable skills. These are not always biomechanics or physiology based but can be mental.

Equaliser

I'm not talking about players. I'm talking about coaching, methods, theories etc there is something useful in every sport that can be used. Transferable skills. These are not always biomechanics or physiology based but can be mental.
Ok. I'm just saying the professionalism in the NRL far surpasses Super Rugby. But I'm sure there are some things NRL coaches can learn from them. Just not many.