What's new

Round 12- Dolphins v NZ Warriors

Red

Forum staff
Ref obviously hasn’t heard about the off side rule. Warriors getting an arm chair ride.
Bit of a homeground advantage for sure but we can't afford to drop these games. I wonder if the Wayne situation is playing a role in our form slide.

Blockade

QLD Cup
This "rag tag" Warriors side basically controlled that second half and didn't concede a single penalty (not too sure about that). The Dolphins looked like a second year team with numerous deficiencies. But that's OK, there are still many lessons to be learned. It's all part of the progression.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Our pack was beaten today. Plain and simple.
Dominated. I said earlier in the week I don't think being without AFB will harm them. I think he isn't getting on with the rest of the team. That last part is 100% guesswork but they certainly weren't harmed being without him.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Awful second half. Too many mistakes at key moments. Perhaps a little thinking ahead as opposed to making the key play. Last week was poor. This week was poor. Normal mo is have a slow start then claw it back this week flying start and blow it.

Blockade

QLD Cup
3 Farnworth
2 Aitken
1 Issako

Herbie had a monstrous game with 202 m, 1 T, 1 TA, 3 LB and 13 TB's. A continuance of that form will only mean good things for his team.

Aitken was the only forward to top 100 m (108). He also had a game best 50 T. He is the only forward who can hold his head high today. Further proof that the engine room is severely lacking.

Isaako was strong again today (2 T, 2 LB, 12 pts). I think he is warming up for another 20 try season.

Turning point: Up 16-6 and Niko finds a gap and shovels it off to Isaako who in turn gives it back to him but ruled forward (correct call). But if that play comes off, they extend their lead to 22-6 and there would be no looking back. The Dolphins probably run away with it.

What happened instead is that the Warriors dominated from that point onwards. They grabbed their second wind and the Dolphins had no answers to it. Live and learn as they say.

MOVING FORWARD: A victory next week vs Canberra at Kayo followed by the bye would put the Dolphins in an extremely good position heading into the second half of the season. Flegler (who is desperately needed) is rumoured to be returning the weekend after the break.

SYNOPSIS: A win today would've put a four point buffer between 4th and 5th. But it wasn't meant to be. This team will definitely not finish in the top 4 but they are in the playoff hunt up to their eyeballs.

Red

Forum staff
3 Farnworth
2 Aitken
1 Issako

Herbie had a monstrous game with 202 m, 1 T, 1 TA, 3 LB and 13 TB's. A continuance of that form will only mean good things for his team.

Aitken was the only forward to top 100 m (108). He also had a game best 50 T. He is the only forward who can hold his head high today. Further proof that the engine room is severely lacking.

Isaako was strong again today (2 T, 2 LB, 12 pts). I think he is warming up for another 20 try season.

Turning point: Up 16-6 and Niko finds a gap and shovels it off to Isaako who in turn gives it back to him but ruled forward (correct call). But if that play comes off, they extend their lead to 22-6 and there would be no looking back. The Dolphins probably run away with it.

What happened instead is that the Warriors dominated from that point onwards. They grabbed their second wind and the Dolphins had no answers to it. Live and learn as they say.

MOVING FORWARD: A victory next week vs Canberra at Kayo followed by the bye would put the Dolphins in an extremely good position heading into the second half of the season. Flegler (who is desperately needed) is rumoured to be returning the weekend after the break.

SYNOPSIS: A win today would've put a four point buffer between 4th and 5th. But it wasn't meant to be. This team will definitely not finish in the top 4 but they are in the playoff hunt up to their eyeballs.
I agree with that but I mostly like the way you remain upbeat. That was a debacle as far as I'm concerned. To go with the Newcastle debacle and narrowly avoiding Wests Tigers debacle. Good news is that we are still right up there even in the midst of a form slump. Better improve a lot for Canberra who are only going to be without one player for Origin.

Jetty

QLD Cup
3 Farnworth
2 Aitken
1 Issako

I usually don't give out 3-2-1 for a losing team. Good news about Flegler if true. Kenny Bromwich is no longer first grade standard. Anyway, I'll go with:

3. Aitken Over 100 run metres and 50 tackles. Only 2 misses. Very impressive.
2. Herbie
1. Plath

Isaako had two good finishes but apart from that, very ordinary.

Chris

QLD Cup
3 Farnworth
2 Aitken
1 Issako

No Isaako but Aitken and Farnworth were standouts. Picking #3 is so hard. I have no idea. Why do I have to?
3. Aitken
2. Farnworth

Josh

QLD Cup
3 Farnworth
2 Aitken
1 Issako

Good analysis! Can't agree with Isaako. Needed to come in and help the forwards more because they were getting beaten up.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
3 Farnworth
2 Aitken
1 Issako

I thought Plath was good. Pick of the forwards after Aitken. Katoa was ok behind a beaten pack. Even Bostock ran for a lot metres. But Isaako was also pretty good. After Aitken and Herbie, hard to nominate 3rd but I'll go:
3. Herbie
2. Aitken
1. Plath