What's new

Round 12- Dolphins v NZ Warriors

Dolph

QLD Cup
This is going to be a hard game. They'll have Johnson back probably fully fit. RTS will probably be back as well. Egan might be out though whoever filled in againt Penrith obviously did ok.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
This is going to be a hard game. They'll have Johnson back probably fully fit. RTS will probably be back as well. Egan might be out though whoever filled in againt Penrith obviously did ok.
Shaun Johnson (pectoral) and centres Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (hamstring) and Rocco Berry (hand) remain sidelined.

Can only beat who they put in front of us. But I think we will have to play much better than we did against the Tigers.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Shaun Johnson (pectoral) and centres Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (hamstring) and Rocco Berry (hand) remain sidelined.

Can only beat who they put in front of us. But I think we will have to play much better than we did against the Tigers.
Agreed. Herbie was unusually waste against the tigers. Seemed to love giving it to the touch judge.

We should be better. Wayne won’t let them play 2 bad ones in a row

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Agreed. Herbie was unusually waste against the tigers. Seemed to love giving it to the touch judge.

We should be better. Wayne won’t let them play 2 bad ones in a row
Might have been distracted with all the talk about Wayne going to Souths.

Josh

QLD Cup
Strange we are last game of the round 2 weeks in a row.

Dolphins team:​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Max Plath
  14. Josh Kerr
  15. Kenny Bromwich
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Connelly Lemuelu
  18. Oryn Keeley
  19. Sean O’Sullivan
  20. Jarrod Wallace
  21. Kurt Donoghoe
  22. Trai Fuller
Looks like Wayne made his mind up about the starting backrowers. I really like the idea of Fuller on the bench but oh well, seems Wayne doesn't agree.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Strange we are last game of the round 2 weeks in a row.

Dolphins team:​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Max Plath
  14. Josh Kerr
  15. Kenny Bromwich
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Connelly Lemuelu
  18. Oryn Keeley
  19. Sean O’Sullivan
  20. Jarrod Wallace
  21. Kurt Donoghoe
  22. Trai Fuller
Looks like Wayne made his mind up about the starting backrowers. I really like the idea of Fuller on the bench but oh well, seems Wayne doesn't agree.
why would you put him on the benc wen only role he plays is fullback

Phins Phan

Dolphins Junior League
Based on recent weeks we should expect to see Lemuelu start in second row with Kaufusi going to prop and Nicholls back to the bench. Not sure why Wayne keeps naming the team this way but I do like Nicholls starting on the bench and coming on for Jesse - they're both good leaders and play similar roles so we really lose nothing after 20 minutes.
I do worry a little about the four-forward bench, though. It became the standard a few years ago but the more stringent HIA rules now make it a real risk. I suppose Aitken can cover centre if an outside back or Hammer takes a knock, but we're really stuck if we lose one of the halves

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Based on recent weeks we should expect to see Lemuelu start in second row with Kaufusi going to prop and Nicholls back to the bench. Not sure why Wayne keeps naming the team this way but I do like Nicholls starting on the bench and coming on for Jesse - they're both good leaders and play similar roles so we really lose nothing after 20 minutes.
I do worry a little about the four-forward bench, though. It became the standard a few years ago but the more stringent HIA rules now make it a real risk. I suppose Aitken can cover centre if an outside back or Hammer takes a knock, but we're really stuck if we lose one of the halves
Bromwich going off for Nicholls to come on is a good, like for like, rotation for sure. Then again, Kafusi did pretty well in the middle as well.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 10
MOTM: Katoa
First try: Isaako
I don't believe that thing with AFB is due to "missing the team song" for a minute. I think he's Matt Lodge 2.0. Very good prop but teammates can't stand him. This bloke was cut by the Dragons very early in his career because he plead guilty to beating his GF.
  • Dolphins by 2 (they will be better, more united without AFB)
  • MoT = Herbie
  • First try = Herbie

Red

Forum staff
Warriors facing an injury crisis.
  • Dolphins by 20
  • MoM - Herbie
  • First try - Bostock

Red

Forum staff
Who knows what will happen after the Gold Coast Broncos game but early signs are this will be a thrashing.