What's new

Round 1 vs Sydney Roosters

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
According to Fox Sports. Except for #2, I think they are spot on. Though obviously everyone knows #6 is under a lot of pressure.

DOLPHINS

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jack Bostock (I think they are just wrong. No indication from the club he has been promoted from a development contract.)
  3. Tesi Niu
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Jamayne Isaako
  6. Anthony Milford
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Kenny Bromwich
  13. Tom Gilbert

Interchange

14. Kodi Nikorima
  15. Euan Aitken
  16. Jarrod Wallace
  17. Ray Stone
Analysis: The Dolphins recruitment has been heavily scrutinised, with Wayne Bennett failing to secure a marquee superstar. However, even without a million-dollar player, the NRL’s newest franchise were able to secure a draw in their first appearance, but will be disappointed with their display against the Titans, conceding 40 points. The forward pack of Tom Gilbert, Kenny Bromwich, Felise Kaufusi, Mark Nicholls, Jeremy Marshall-King and Jesse Bromwich is set in stone, but the remaining bench spots remain a mystery. Ray Stone, Kodi Nikorima and Jarrod Wallace look set to ride the pine, with Euan Aitken and Herman Ese’ese fighting it out for the final spot. Ese’ese played in the No.17 jersey against the Gold Coast, but Aitken may be the man to win the shirt come Round 1. Meanwhile, young gun Jack Bostock could beat out Robert Jennings for a spot on the wing, with Jamayne Isaako likely taking the other wing position. Brenko Lee and Tesi Niu are set to play in the halves with Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow at the back. Edrick Lee looks set for a return in Round 3 after suffering an ankle injury. Young gun Isaiya Katoa is also pushing for a spot in the halves, but Bennett may hold the 19-year-old playmaker back and partner Anthony Milford and Sean O’Sullivan in the halves.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
According to Fox Sports. Except for #2, I think they are spot on. Though obviously everyone knows #6 is under a lot of pressure.

DOLPHINS

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jack Bostock (I think they are just wrong. No indication from the club he has been promoted from a development contract.)
  3. Tesi Niu
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Jamayne Isaako
  6. Anthony Milford
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Kenny Bromwich
  13. Tom Gilbert
    Interchange
  14. Kodi Nikorima
  15. Euan Aitken
  16. Jarrod Wallace
  17. Ray Stone
Analysis: The Dolphins recruitment has been heavily scrutinised, with Wayne Bennett failing to secure a marquee superstar. However, even without a million-dollar player, the NRL’s newest franchise were able to secure a draw in their first appearance, but will be disappointed with their display against the Titans, conceding 40 points. The forward pack of Tom Gilbert, Kenny Bromwich, Felise Kaufusi, Mark Nicholls, Jeremy Marshall-King and Jesse Bromwich is set in stone, but the remaining bench spots remain a mystery. Ray Stone, Kodi Nikorima and Jarrod Wallace look set to ride the pine, with Euan Aitken and Herman Ese’ese fighting it out for the final spot. Ese’ese played in the No.17 jersey against the Gold Coast, but Aitken may be the man to win the shirt come Round 1. Meanwhile, young gun Jack Bostock could beat out Robert Jennings for a spot on the wing, with Jamayne Isaako likely taking the other wing position. Brenko Lee and Tesi Niu are set to play in the halves with Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow at the back. Edrick Lee looks set for a return in Round 3 after suffering an ankle injury. Young gun Isaiya Katoa is also pushing for a spot in the halves, but Bennett may hold the 19-year-old playmaker back and partner Anthony Milford and Sean O’Sullivan in the halves.
Do they know something we don't? Why do they keep tipping Bostock to start when he isn't in the top 30?

Equaliser

DOLPHINS V ROOSTERS

History will be made with the official arrival of The Dolphins. Unfortunately, it won’t be a case of happy beginnings. This could get embarrassing for Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett, if the Roosters arrive in Brisbane in a mood.

Injury concerns for Luke Keary, Joey Manu and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves could see them ruled out, however, even if they don’t play, I expect the Chooks to run away with this.
==========================================
A tough first game for sure but I don't expect the Roosters will run away with it.

Red

Forum staff

DOLPHINS vs SYDNEY ROOSTERS​

Sunday 5th March​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Robert Jennings
  3. Tesi Niu
  4. Euan Aitken
  5. Jamayne Isaako
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Felise Kaufusi
  13. Tom Gilbert
    Interchange
  14. Kodi Nikorima
  15. Ray Stone
  16. Jarrod Wallace
  17. Herman Ese'ese

Dolphins team news:

Wayne Bennett will have a tough job selecting his best 17 for the NRL's newest club heading into the opening round. The seven-time premiership winner has reportedly made the huge call to axe Anthony Milford before the season begins, instead opting to go with rookie playmaker Isaiya Katoa at five-eighth. Euan Aitken has confirmed he will shift back to the centres this season at his new team, while Edrick Lee (ankle) will miss the start of the season due to a pre-season injury.

I think Milf is going to get a chance first up. Apart from that, I think this will be the team.

Axel

Dolphins Junior League

Sunday 5th March​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Robert Jennings
  3. Tesi Niu
  4. Euan Aitken
  5. Jamayne Isaako
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Felise Kaufusi
  13. Tom Gilbert
    Interchange
  14. Kodi Nikorima
  15. Ray Stone
  16. Jarrod Wallace
  17. Herman Ese'ese

Dolphins team news:

Wayne Bennett will have a tough job selecting his best 17 for the NRL's newest club heading into the opening round. The seven-time premiership winner has reportedly made the huge call to axe Anthony Milford before the season begins, instead opting to go with rookie playmaker Isaiya Katoa at five-eighth. Euan Aitken has confirmed he will shift back to the centres this season at his new team, while Edrick Lee (ankle) will miss the start of the season due to a pre-season injury.

I think Milf is going to get a chance first up. Apart from that, I think this will be the team.
Personally I prefer Brenko Lee in the centres and Aitken on the bench.

Equaliser

Sunday 5th March​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Robert Jennings
  3. Tesi Niu
  4. Euan Aitken
  5. Jamayne Isaako
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Felise Kaufusi
  13. Tom Gilbert
    Interchange
  14. Kodi Nikorima
  15. Ray Stone
  16. Jarrod Wallace
  17. Herman Ese'ese

Dolphins team news:

I also prefer Brenko Lee in the centres but this person had it right about not picking Bostock who isn't in the top 30.

Axel

Dolphins Junior League
According to Fox Sports

SUNDAY MARCH 5th

v Sydney Roosters at Suncorp Stadium, 4.05pm AEDT

Probable Dolphins team:​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jack Bostock
  3. Tesi Niu
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Jamayne Isaako
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Kenny Bromwich
  13. Tom Gilbert

Interchange
  14. Kodi Nikorima
  15. Euan Aitken
  16. Jarrod Wallace
  17. Ray Stone
Team Tips: Isaiya Katoa could start at five-eighth alongside Sean O’Sullivan with Anthony Milford in danger of being overlooked for Round 1. Dolphins assistant Kristian Woolf revealed that Milford copped a knock at training but was no certainty if proven fit. “Milf’ wasn’t able to do contact. He just copped a knock in the trial to the upper body,”. “Obviously Wayne (Bennett) is going to make that (selection) decision. We are going to have a chat about that on Monday.” Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow starts at fullback with Jamayne Isaako on one wing. Jack Bostock is set to start on the wing, with Edrick Lee (foot) out until Round 3 at the earliest. Jeremy Marshall-King starts at hooker with Kodi Nikorima the bench utility. Herman Ese’ese (elbow) and Harrison Graham (knee) are out indefinitely.

• Am I missing something here? Bostock is not in the top 30 as far as I know.
  • I prefer Brenko Lee in the centres and Aitken on the bench.
  • He might go with Lee on the wing in place of Bostock and Aitken in the centres.
  • Interesting to see what he does with Milf. I like the idea of guys being held accountable but I still think Milf will get the nod for the first round.

Red

Forum staff

Dolphins:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Tesi Niu
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Jarrod Wallace
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Kenny Bromwich
  13. Tom Gilbert
  14. Herman Ese’ese
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe
  18. Connelly Lemuelu
Locked in. Didn't see Aitken and Leevin the centres, Niu on the wing. Apart from that, no big surprises. Milf servIng as an example that Benny holds players accountable, doesn't play favourites.

Axel

Dolphins Junior League

Dolphins:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Tesi Niu
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Jarrod Wallace
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Kenny Bromwich
  13. Tom Gilbert
  14. Herman Ese’ese
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe
  18. Connelly Lemuelu
Locked in. Didn't see Aitken and Leevin the centres, Niu on the wing. Apart from that, no big surprises. Milf servIng as an example that Benny holds players accountable, doesn't play favourites.
I really like Milf has been dropped. Just to show no one is safe if they don't perform.

Equaliser

Anyone want to put in your tips for round 1?
  1. Parramatta v Melbourne: Melbourne by 16
  2. New Zealand v Newcastle: NZ by 2
  3. Penrith v Brisbane: Penrith by 10
  4. Manly v Canterbury: Manly by 8
  5. NQ v Canberra: NQ by 14
  6. Cronulla v Souths: Souths by 8
  7. Dolphins v Roosters: Roosters by 10:cautious:
  8. Tigers v Gold Coast: Gold Coast by 14

Jetty

QLD Cup
  1. Parramatta v Melbourne: Melbourne by 20 (Melbourne start strong every year)
  2. New Zealand v Newcastle: Newcastle by 6
  3. Penrith v Brisbane: Penrith by 14
  4. Manly v Canterbury: Manly by 10
  5. NQ v Canberra: NQ by 4
  6. Cronulla v Souths: Souths by 12
  7. Dolphins v Roosters: Roosters by 4
  8. Tigers v Gold Coast: Gold Coast by 16

Red

Forum staff
  1. Parramatta v Melbourne: Melbourne by 10
  2. New Zealand v Newcastle: NZ by 8
  3. Penrith v Brisbane: Penrith by 16
  4. Manly v Canterbury: Manly by 4
  5. NQ v Canberra: NQ by 10
  6. Cronulla v Souths: Sharks by 2
  7. Dolphins v Roosters: Roosters by 8 (just being realistic.)
  8. Tigers v Gold Coast: Gold Coast by 10

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
  1. Parramatta v Melbourne: Melbourne by 12
  4. Manly v Canterbury: Manly by 14
  5. NQ v Canberra: NQ by 2 (if Melbourne usually start strong, NQ are the opposite.)
  6. Cronulla v Souths: Souths by 4
  7. Dolphins v Roosters: Roosters by 10 (Cheating Roosters should be far too strong
  8. Tigers v Gold Coast: Gold Coast by 16 (GC will win big or not at all)
Apart from game #2, it looks like a really easy round of tipping. No doubt there will be at lest 1 upset. I'm thiking possibly games #1 or 6 might surprise some people.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Anyone want to put in your tips for round 1?
  1. Parramatta v Melbourne: Melbourne by 16
  2. New Zealand v Newcastle: NZ by 2
  3. Penrith v Brisbane: Penrith by 10
  4. Manly v Canterbury: Manly by 8
  5. NQ v Canberra: NQ by 14
  6. Cronulla v Souths: Souths by 8
  7. Dolphins v Roosters: Roosters by 10:cautious:
  8. Tigers v Gold Coast: Gold Coast by 14
The good news is that according to what I saw last night, neither of those two teams will flog us. As a matter of fact, they are beatable.

Jetty

QLD Cup

Dolphins:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Tesi Niu
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Jarrod Wallace
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Kenny Bromwich
  13. Tom Gilbert
  14. Herman Ese’ese
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe
  18. Connelly Lemuelu
No late changes to this team.

Axel

Dolphins Junior League
The good news is that according to what I saw last night, neither of those two teams will flog us. As a matter of fact, they are beatable.
I agree. This year, we aren't going to be as off the pace as a lot of so-called experts are predicting.

Jetty

QLD Cup
  1. Parramatta v Melbourne: Melbourne by 12
  4. Manly v Canterbury: Manly by 14
  5. NQ v Canberra: NQ by 2 (if Melbourne usually start strong, NQ are the opposite.)
  6. Cronulla v Souths: Souths by 4
  7. Dolphins v Roosters: Roosters by 10 (Cheating Roosters should be far too strong
  8. Tigers v Gold Coast: Gold Coast by 16 (GC will win big or not at all)
Apart from game #2, it looks like a really easy round of tipping. No doubt there will be at lest 1 upset. I'm thiking possibly games #1 or 6 might surprise some people.
Looks like I'm ahead on 4 and against so far.