What's new

Round 1 vs North QLD

Chris

QLD Cup

Predicted Team​

(not my prediction)
Recruit Jake Averillo and Tesi Niu are fighting for a centre spot, with Jack Bostock impressing throughout the pre-season on the wing. At this stage, Niu looks the front-runner to partner Herbie Farnworth in the centres.

Tom Gilbert suffered a devastating ACL injury that will see him miss the 2024 season. This may see Kenny Bromwich move to lock, with Connelly Lemuelu starting on the edge.

Kodi Nikorima started at five-eighth in the trial loss to the Warriors, suggesting he may be edging ahead of Isaiya Katoa for a round 1 starting spot.

Dolphins’ predicted team
  1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Herbie Farnworth
  4. Tesi Niu
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Thomas Flegler
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

Interchange

14. Kodi Nikorima
  15. Ray Stone
  16. Mark Nicholls
  17. Josh Kerr

This is actually way off. Josh Kerr? Seriously? He's not even on the radar.

Josh

QLD Cup
Is the team announced tomorrow?
A few questions still to be answered.
  • Who is going to be the halves pairing?
  • Who is going to take Gilberts place?
  • Who is going to be the other centre aside from Herbie?
  • Who is going to be the other winger aside from Isaako?

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
  • SoS and Katoa to start with but SoS is on notice.
  • Ray Stone. Aitken to take his spot on the bench.
  • Averillo.
  • Good question. I think Tessi might just beat out Bostock.

mr_c

QLD Cup
i think it be katoa and sos as i have strong belive kodi will make the better 14
stone and keely will take the load
i think he will experinmint with that more but i think tesi and jake could alternate
i think may see jack there or centre as not sold yet on bostock

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
i think it be katoa and sos as i have strong belive kodi will make the better 14
stone and keely will take the load
i think he will experinmint with that more but i think tesi and jake could alternate
i think may see jack there or centre as not sold yet on bostock
There is no way wingers will be alternated during the game. They might be alternated during the season pending form In the NRL and QLD Cup.

Remember we have Val pushing for a spot in the centres, possibly opening up a wing spot for Averillo.

Red

Forum staff
  • SoS and Katoa to start with but SoS is on notice.
  • Ray Stone. Aitken to take his spot on the bench.
  • Averillo.
  • Good question. I think Tessi might just beat out Bostock.
The only certainty is that the depth this year is way better than last year.

mr_c

QLD Cup
The only certainty is that the depth this year is way better than last year.
Probably only thing we really lack is another decent prop yes got kerr but if another prop goes down we stuffed

mr_c

QLD Cup
There is no way wingers will be alternated during the game. They might be alternated during the season pending form In the NRL and QLD Cup.

Remember we have Val pushing for a spot in the centres, possibly opening up a wing spot for Averillo.
Meaning week by week and I don't see Val been option unless senior players. Injured

Chris

QLD Cup
Meaning week by week and I don't see Val been option unless senior players. Injured
I think Val needs to lose more weight still but in the trials, he was better than even Herbie.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I think Val needs to lose more weight still but in the trials, he was better than even Herbie.
it was a trial simple as that val had more to prove but still dont see guy live val getting spot over experienced guys

Chris

QLD Cup
it was a trial simple as that val had more to prove but still dont see guy live val getting spot over experienced guys
Of course. It was only a trial so I very much doubt Val will be in the round 1 team but if trials were important, he'd be the first centre picked. I think he needs to lose still more weight before being picked unless there is an injury crisis. But he's defiantly in the calculations.

Nashy

Broncos Scout
Dolphins: 1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Tesi Niu 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Jack Bostock 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Sean O’Sullivan 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Thomas Flegler 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Connelly Lemuelu 13. Ray Stone 14. Josh Kerr 15. Max Plath 16. Kenny Bromwich 17. Mark Nicholls 18. Jarrod Wallace 19. Jake Averillo 20. Oryn Keeley 21. Euan Aitken 22. Isaiya Katoa

Cowboys: 1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Zac Laybutt 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Tom Dearden 7. Chad Townsend 8. Jordan McLean 9. Reece Robson 10. Jason Taumalolo 11. Heilum Luki 12. Jeremiah Nanai 13. Reuben Cotter 14. Jake Granville 15. Griffin Neame 16. Sam McIntyre 17. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki 18. Tomas Chester 19. Thomas Mikaele 20. Semi Valemei 21. Jack Gosiewski 22. Jake Clifford

Chris

QLD Cup
Dolphins: 1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Tesi Niu 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Jack Bostock 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Sean O’Sullivan 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Thomas Flegler 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Connelly Lemuelu 13. Ray Stone 14. Josh Kerr 15. Max Plath 16. Kenny Bromwich 17. Mark Nicholls 18. Jarrod Wallace 19. Jake Averillo 20. Oryn Keeley 21. Euan Aitken 22. Isaiya Katoa

Cowboys: 1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Zac Laybutt 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Tom Dearden 7. Chad Townsend 8. Jordan McLean 9. Reece Robson 10. Jason Taumalolo 11. Heilum Luki 12. Jeremiah Nanai 13. Reuben Cotter 14. Jake Granville 15. Griffin Neame 16. Sam McIntyre 17. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki 18. Tomas Chester 19. Thomas Mikaele 20. Semi Valemei 21. Jack Gosiewski 22. Jake Clifford
Josh Kerr in front of Aitken? I trust Wayne knows what he is doing because that's got me stumped.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Josh Kerr in front of Aitken? I trust Wayne knows what he is doing because that's got me stumped.
Josh Kerr?
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF