What's new

Recruitment and Retention

Paul

Dolphins Junior League

Dolphins are building & have cash to splash. These are the big names they could chase:​

1. JACK WIGHTON: The Raiders star has a player option for the 2024 season and is technically therefore free to negotiate with rivals this season. (30 years-old now. Good player but no thanks.)

2. NICHO HYNES: Hynes has become a hero in the Shire and the Sharks have reportedly begun negotiations to extend the reigning Dally M Medallist’s contract beyond 2024. However, the Dolphins could table a multimillion-dollar offer to good to refuse. (I'm on the fence with this one. O'Sullivan was one of our best in the trails and in the first game. Katoa is only going to get better. He's still only 18, isn't he? Farnworth is going to be fullback. So why would we want this guy?)

3. JOSH SCHUSTER: The Manly young gun is set to make a long-awaited switch into the halves this season and was absent from Round 1 due to injury. (As above regarding O'Sullivan and Katoa.)

4. MITCHELL MOSES: Mitchell Moses’ contract saga has rolled on for months after the Eels went down to the Panthers in the grand final. (As above plus he is also almost a veteran himself. I think he's 28 or 29 now.)

5. DYLAN EDWARDS: While Edwards is unlikely to join the Dolphins, his talent and determination cannot be understated and multiple clubs will likely table the 27-year-old lucrative offers. (Good player but Herbie is our long term fullback.)

6. ISAAH YEO: Yeo is one of the NRL’s best No.13s and has become an integral figure for both NSW and Australia, making his Kangaroos debut during his side’s victorious World Cup campaign. (Definitely worth trying to sign.)

7. LIAM MARTIN: Martin signed a one-year contract extension for 2024, prolonging an inevitable contract circus with multiple clubs set to put their best offers forward. (Not sure. Good player, hard worker but with limited upside in his game, IMO. Not worth throwing a big contract at.)

8. CAMPBELL GRAHAM: Graham is one of the NRL’s best centres and has become an integral figure in the Rabbitohs starting side. (Still only 23! Definitely worth throwing significant money at. I'm concerned about our centres. Aitken is better as an interchange utility, IMO and Lee has been in and out of first grade for a while now.)

9. KEAON KOLOAMATANGI: Another player coached by Bennett at the Dolphins and another booming backrower that could catch the eye of the supercoach. Koloamatangi is one of the NRL’s most damaging edge forwards and Bennett handed him his NRL debut in Round 4 of the 2020 season. (Would be a signing coup. Move Kafusi or Kenny B to lock and Gilbert to prop to accommodate him.)

10. ADAM DOUEIHI: Another player who penned a one-year extension prior to the start of the season, extending his stay at the Tigers until the end of 2024. (As with No.2.)

Red

Forum staff

Dolphins are building & have cash to splash. These are the big names they could chase:​

1. JACK WIGHTON: The Raiders star has a player option for the 2024 season and is technically therefore free to negotiate with rivals this season. (30 years-old now. Good player but no thanks.)

2. NICHO HYNES: Hynes has become a hero in the Shire and the Sharks have reportedly begun negotiations to extend the reigning Dally M Medallist’s contract beyond 2024. However, the Dolphins could table a multimillion-dollar offer to good to refuse. (I'm on the fence with this one. O'Sullivan was one of our best in the trails and in the first game. Katoa is only going to get better. He's still only 18, isn't he? Farnworth is going to be fullback. So why would we want this guy?)

3. JOSH SCHUSTER: The Manly young gun is set to make a long-awaited switch into the halves this season and was absent from Round 1 due to injury. (As above regarding O'Sullivan and Katoa.)

4. MITCHELL MOSES: Mitchell Moses’ contract saga has rolled on for months after the Eels went down to the Panthers in the grand final. (As above plus he is also almost a veteran himself. I think he's 28 or 29 now.)

5. DYLAN EDWARDS: While Edwards is unlikely to join the Dolphins, his talent and determination cannot be understated and multiple clubs will likely table the 27-year-old lucrative offers. (Good player but Herbie is our long term fullback.)

6. ISAAH YEO: Yeo is one of the NRL’s best No.13s and has become an integral figure for both NSW and Australia, making his Kangaroos debut during his side’s victorious World Cup campaign. (Definitely worth trying to sign.)

7. LIAM MARTIN: Martin signed a one-year contract extension for 2024, prolonging an inevitable contract circus with multiple clubs set to put their best offers forward. (Not sure. Good player, hard worker but with limited upside in his game, IMO. Not worth throwing a big contract at.)

8. CAMPBELL GRAHAM: Graham is one of the NRL’s best centres and has become an integral figure in the Rabbitohs starting side. (Still only 23! Definitely worth throwing significant money at. I'm concerned about our centres. Aitken is better as an interchange utility, IMO and Lee has been in and out of first grade for a while now.)

9. KEAON KOLOAMATANGI: Another player coached by Bennett at the Dolphins and another booming backrower that could catch the eye of the supercoach. Koloamatangi is one of the NRL’s most damaging edge forwards and Bennett handed him his NRL debut in Round 4 of the 2020 season. (Would be a signing coup. Move Kafusi or Kenny B to lock and Gilbert to prop to accommodate him.)

10. ADAM DOUEIHI: Another player who penned a one-year extension prior to the start of the season, extending his stay at the Tigers until the end of 2024. (As with No.2.)
I agree but in regard to 2, 3, 4 (I think Wayne specifically rejected trying to sign Moses when he went to the Broncos for a second stint. Like they were deep in negotiations but then Wayne signed suddenly and the first thing he did was shut down negotiations with Moses. But then again, Moses has since turned into one of the best halves in the competition.) and 10, I trust Wayne has a good idea about the ability of O'Sullivan and Katoa.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
I'd like to see nelson in a red shirt. Still young could do a few years. Sadly almost certainly going to play Yawnion and turn into a 150kg flabber.

Axel

Dolphins Junior League

Dolphins are building & have cash to splash. These are the big names they could chase:

Signing #9 would be a coup! IMO we don't need #1, #4 and #6 because of their age.