What's new

Recruitment and Retention for 2027

You have to play for 10 years to break even at that rate.

As i said. Financially, its not exactly the move you expect.

I Knew someone that played for the Roosters. I wont say who. you would have to do some extras to make it worth it. And im sure the Roosters have the know how there.

So if they do get him, im sure they will be looking after him and whats reported will be well off the mark.
Living in Sydney is not the big expense SE QLD expect.
Has is doing it and many others have made the move south.
Clubs in Sydney talk about the Broncos and Dolphins salary cap as we talk about the Roosters.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Red
Living in Sydney is not the big expense SE QLD expect.
Has is doing it and many others have made the move south.
Clubs in Sydney talk about the Broncos and Dolphins salary cap as we talk about the Roosters.
Being from Sydney and having worked in real estate, I can tell you, you have no idea. Especially with relation to house prices, and cost of living as a function of house pricing.

And judging by your diction, I can tell you wouldn't know about living in the eastern suburbs, nor how much it would cost.

If the Roosters want to pay Herbie 1.5, for a centre to play fullback, go for it. I for one, believe in salary cap management as a portion of positional importance. The max a centre should be paid is about 1 mil. And we shouldn't be going over, or too far over. As a matter of fact, Hammer suggesting 1.4 for a full back might be stretching. Even with the cap increasing, and Katoa coming off contract. And from there you use your youth to fill out the gaps.

Im proud to say in both areas The Dolphins will be good long term. This is just the start.
 
Being from Sydney and having worked in real estate, I can tell you, you have no idea. Especially with relation to house prices, and cost of living as a function of house pricing.

And judging by your diction, I can tell you wouldn't know about living in the eastern suburbs, nor how much it would cost.

If the Roosters want to pay Herbie 1.5, for a centre to play fullback, go for it. I for one, believe in salary cap management as a portion of positional importance. The max a centre should be paid is about 1 mil. And we shouldn't be going over, or too far over. As a matter of fact, Hammer suggesting 1.4 for a full back might be stretching. Even with the cap increasing, and Katoa coming off contract. And from there you use your youth to fill out the gaps.

Im proud to say in both areas The Dolphins will be good long term. This is just the start
lol good see hes still blocked me , yet another reason,why i am glad only his opinion , matters just a know it all muppt , knows nothing about anything but still judges them

still waiting fr day you unblock me you cat
 
Last edited:
lol good see hes still blocked me , yet another reason,why i am glad only his opinion , matters just a know it all muppt , knows nothing about anything but still judges them

still waiting fr day you unblock me you cat
He blocks you because you belittle and name call other posters. I tolerate you because it's a small group and you are a smidgen of entertainment value for me. You do the same on fb. If you want respect, you have to earn it first. You are nowhere near that point.
 
He blocks you because you belittle and name call other posters. I tolerate you because it's a small group and you are a smidgen of entertainment value for me. You do the same on fb. If you want respect, you have to earn it first. You are nowhere near that point.
If i'm honest with you, I'm beginning to think he changed his name to By the Bay
 
He blocks you because you belittle and name call other posters. I tolerate you because it's a small group and you are a smidgen of entertainment value for me. You do the same on fb. If you want respect, you have to earn it first. You are nowhere near that point.
What about when he belittled Trai Fuller to his Great Aunty on Facebook?
 
What about when he belittled Trai Fuller to his Great Aunty on Facebook?
so as a players family do you think saying they should drop a player just to put her grandson in , i give you context matt i know 3 family members of other players that seen that
 
Being from Sydney and having worked in real estate, I can tell you, you have no idea. Especially with relation to house prices, and cost of living as a function of house pricing.

And judging by your diction, I can tell you wouldn't know about living in the eastern suburbs, nor how much it would cost.

If the Roosters want to pay Herbie 1.5, for a centre to play fullback, go for it. I for one, believe in salary cap management as a portion of positional importance. The max a centre should be paid is about 1 mil. And we shouldn't be going over, or too far over. As a matter of fact, Hammer suggesting 1.4 for a full back might be stretching. Even with the cap increasing, and Katoa coming off contract. And from there you use your youth to fill out the gaps.

Im proud to say in both areas The Dolphins will be good long term. This is just the start.
I actually live in Sydney now and have for the last few years, in Paddington, in fact.

Yes, Sydney is more expensive, particularly housing, but comparing like for like misses the point. You adjust how you live.
A one-bedroom unit in Sydney versus a two-bedroom unit or house in Brisbane can make the difference in rent fairly marginal. If moving south was such a financial stretch for NRL players, we simply wouldn’t see players doing it.

As for the salary cap, I agree positional value matters. But clubs will value individual players differently depending on their roster, needs and what they believe that player can become. If the Roosters think Herbie is worth $1.5 million as a fullback, that’s their call.

And since you made it personal about my diction , fortunately, there are plenty of ways to make good money without being particularly proficient in English.
 
I actually live in Sydney now and have for the last few years, in Paddington, in fact.

Yes, Sydney is more expensive, particularly housing, but comparing like for like misses the point. You adjust how you live.
A one-bedroom unit in Sydney versus a two-bedroom unit or house in Brisbane can make the difference in rent fairly marginal. If moving south was such a financial stretch for NRL players, we simply wouldn’t see players doing it.

As for the salary cap, I agree positional value matters. But clubs will value individual players differently depending on their roster, needs and what they believe that player can become. If the Roosters think Herbie is worth $1.5 million as a fullback, that’s their call.

And since you made it personal about my diction , fortunately, there are plenty of ways to make good money without being particularly proficient in English.
So you agree financially they will be worse off. Because as you say like for like misses the point. Or to put it in english, it doesnt prove your point. Mate these guys dont rent. Herbie isnt moving down for 4/5 years and renting. He will buy a house and sell up here. Typically when your rent a house and you get around $1000 a week, its about 50k a year, however, when your in the top earning bracket thats about 20k a year. Hardly worth it. So lets just both agree. The lifestyle is more expensive for what you get up here at thr same level. And advising him financially, you would hope that more then 300k difference would ha e to be on the table. So your solution for him is to adjust how he lives. Mate, thats the whole point. People on that sort of coin dont adjust how they live, they maintain lifestyle. They wont want to take a backwards step lifestyle wise, for a 30% increase in wage. This isnt personal, please dont take it that way. However, i cant tell by your suggestion for him to adjust lifestyle, that you probably earn sub $200k and you are coming from a point of view where you dont understand the mind of someone on $1mil a year. These people dont make adjustments mate. He will say to the Roosters, i aint taking a backwards step.

You generally dont see people moving south from brisbane in these financial times. Here i will point to the property market. Melbourne has gone backwards, Sydney less so, brisbane outstripped both. Pointing to my great lifestyle for less arguement. Players move for opportunity or other reasons, not for money, because financially it doesnt make sense, and value for money lifestyle wise doesnt equate.

You mention Hass I think (which you wrote Has). He isnt moving for money. He is moving for support and the fact that madge isnt the best. He doesnt get much family support up here for known reasons. The Rabbits might be doing some third party thing, housing thing, that the cap doesnt allow. Roosters could be doing the same. We all here the rumours. I couldnt support a club doing that.

I made a point about your diction, because read your post. I for one didnt understand what you were saying. I needed to understand it.

Please mate. I have worked in real estate and my wife is a banking exec. Choose to believe that if you want. However, please stop with the property finincial angle.

And I agree, plenty of ways to earn good money with being pro at english. So i wont get personal. However, leave your agruement and financial advise there.
 
Last edited:
Guys, i can be a fuckwit at times.

I support my club always. I find people that post on opposition clubs forums, morons.

They, in my eyes, are just looking to insight rubbish. What motive could i possible have finding, lets say a Bulldogs forum to post something, especially when your side is playing theirs? I dont want to chat about whats happening in canterbury. What possibly could someone from Paddington supporting the Rooster add to a contract discussion on a Dolphins player other then to talk rubbish.

I for one cant handle people talking rubbish, especially with a low post count and being an opposing fan.

I will just put them all on my ignore list, because they serve no purpose to a Dolphins fan.

The best side won the other night. Mainly due to issue most of us agree upon. So its in no way sour of me.

Jubilee ave has a great model. And they fans from other teams there that they allow in and moderate accordingly.

I will say, By the Bay hasnt done anything wrong. So i have no issue there. He actually seems nice.

It still dont see the point. And my head cant get around why you would post about parra as a dolphins fan. Id dont give a shot about parra. I dont even post on jub ave anymore. They arent my team, and I havr no value to add.
 
So you agree financially they will be worse off. Because as you say like for like misses the point. Or to put it in english, it doesnt prove your point. Mate these guys dont rent. Herbie isnt moving down for 4/5 years and renting. He will buy a house and sell up here. Typically when your rent a house and you get around $1000 a week, its about 50k a year, however, when your in the top earning bracket thats about 20k a year. Hardly worth it. So lets just both agree. The lifestyle is more expensive for what you get up here at thr same level. And advising him financially, you would hope that more then 300k difference would ha e to be on the table. So your solution for him is to adjust how he lives. Mate, thats the whole point. People on that sort of coin dont adjust how they live, they maintain lifestyle. They wont want to take a backwards step lifestyle wise, for a 30% increase in wage. This isnt personal, please dont take it that way. However, i cant tell by your suggestion for him to adjust lifestyle, that you probably earn sub $200k and you are coming from a point of view where you dont understand the mind of someone on $1mil a year. These people dont make adjustments mate. He will say to the Roosters, i aint taking a backwards step.

You generally dont see people moving south from brisbane in these financial times. Here i will point to the property market. Melbourne has gone backwards, Sydney less so, brisbane outstripped both. Pointing to my great lifestyle for less arguement. Players move for opportunity or other reasons, not for money, because financially it doesnt make sense, and value for money lifestyle wise doesnt equate.

You mention Hass I think (which you wrote Has). He isnt moving for money. He is moving for support and the fact that madge isnt the best. He doesnt get much family support up here for known reasons. The Rabbits might be doing some third party thing, housing thing, that the cap doesnt allow. Roosters could be doing the same. We all here the rumours. I couldnt support a club doing that.

I made a point about your diction, because read your post. I for one didnt understand what you were saying. I needed to understand it.

Please mate. I have worked in real estate and my wife is a banking exec. Choose to believe that if you want. However, please stop with the property finincial angle.

And I agree, plenty of ways to earn good money with being pro at english. So i wont get personal. However, leave your agruement and financial advise there.
Mate, you have written an essay explaining why I do not understand the finances of high earners, guessed I earn under $200,000, told me how people earning $1 million think, brought your wife’s job into it, and then said “this is not personal”.

The beauty of forums is everyone gets to put their opinion across. You seem to think you have the overarching say on what should be posted, which arguments are valid, and when someone else should “leave it there”.

My point was never that Sydney is cheaper than Brisbane. It is that people make choices about housing, location and lifestyle. Apparently once someone earns $1 million, you believe they stop making trade-offs. I do not.

And players clearly do move south. Money, opportunity, family, football, there are plenty of reasons.

So disagree with me all you like. That is what a forum is for. But guessing my income from my “diction”, presenting your employment history as authority, and then telling me to stop discussing the financial angle is a bit rich.

And yes, I wrote “Has” instead of “Haas”. You got me. Hopefully I can financially recover.
 
Top