What's new

QLD Cup 2023

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
CQ Capras fullback Blake Moore scored a hat-trick in his side’s 46-6 win over Ispwish. Moore also got a try assist, two linebreaks, two linebreak assists, seven tackle busts and 142 running metres.

Brayden McGrady only played the first half of the Dolphins’ win over Burleigh but he caused a lot of havoc in those 40 minutes with a try, a try assist, four tackle busts and 123 metres. And his cousin, Lindon McGrady, had the game of his career for Tweed. The fullback and skipper scored 22 of Tweed’s 38 points with two tries and six goals from six attempts. He also set up three tries, got a linebreak, five linebreak assists, five tackle busts and 251 metres.

Equaliser

CQ Capras fullback Blake Moore was everywhere in his side’s 26-10 win over Western Clydesdales, scoring a try, setting up two more, getting a linebreak, two linebreak assists, four tackle busts and 146 metres.

Equaliser

Not sure how close people are following the QLD Cup but coming into the second last round of the regular season, neither of our feeder clubs have been great. I think it's only a top 5 so that would mean Recliffe, now 6th on the table or the Capras, 1 point ahead on the table is 5th make the finals.

Mathematically its possible for both but they play each other this weekend.

So almost certainly only one will make it. If Wynnum have a couple of big losses and Redcliffe or the Capras have a big win in the last round, possible both will make it.

Chris

QLD Cup
Not sure how close people are following the QLD Cup but coming into the second last round of the regular season, neither of our feeder clubs have been great. I think it's only a top 5 so that would mean Recliffe, now 6th on the table or the Capras, 1 point ahead on the table is 5th make the finals.

Mathematically its possible for both but they play each other this weekend.

So almost certainly only one will make it. If Wynnum have a couple of big losses and Redcliffe or the Capras have a big win in the last round, possible both will make it.
I hope Redcliffe can sneak into the top 5. Otherwise it's going to be a quiet September.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Anyone still following QLD Cup? In the 5th (Redcliffe) vs 8th (Sunshine Coast) game Redcliffe is getting thrashed.

Red

Forum staff
Good fightback by the Dolphins but not enough.

Capras also lost yesterday.
Good fightback but all in all a very disappointing performance. I thought they'd account for Sunshine Coast pretty easily. I guess the lack of depth in the NRL had the follow on effect of insufficient depth in the QLD Cup.

Like in the NRL I'm almost positive they'll be better next year and better still in 2025.

Equaliser

Capras playing our nemesis from last week, Falcons, tomorrow. Falcons are Storms feeder team. Hopefully they won't play a number or all of those who played on Thursday.

Milf and Collins are both listed to play for the Capras.

Red

Forum staff
Capras playing our nemesis from last week, Falcons, tomorrow. Falcons are Storms feeder team. Hopefully they won't play a number or all of those who played on Thursday.

Milf and Collins are both listed to play for the Capras.
I'm betting most of those Flacons players who played for Melbourne will back up. Have to beat them fair and square.

Red

Forum staff
I doubt anyone is going to make the trek up to Rocky to watch the game but Capras are playing Sunshine Coast Falcons in a few hours. For us Milf and Edrick and Brenko Lee are out. For them, all the players who played for Melbourne on Thursday are out. So there are no excuses. Should win this comfortably.

Dolph

QLD Cup
I doubt anyone is going to make the trek up to Rocky to watch the game but Capras are playing Sunshine Coast Falcons in a few hours. For us Milf and Edrick and Brenko Lee are out. For them, all the players who played for Melbourne on Thursday are out. So there are no excuses. Should win this comfortably.
We have JJ Collins and Donoghoe from our top 30 playing.

Equaliser

Bit of good news. If anyone cares.
Capras smashed Sunshine Coast. Prelimary final next week. Milf and the two Lee's should be back. If the two Lee's are good enough to be in the 17.

Josh

QLD Cup
Anyone remember that one of our feeder teams, CQ Capras played in the elimination semi-final last weekend? I completely forgot about it. At any rate, they lost to Melbourne's feeder team, Brisbane Tigers, 14-6.

So Melbourne feeder side Brisbane Tigers vs Gold Coast feeder side, Burleigh in the QLD Cup GF.

Equaliser

Bad omens for the NRL? Brisbane Tigers getting a belting from South Sydney in the NSW Cup vs QLD Cup final.