What's new

Other Forums

Nashy

Broncos Scout
You guys on any other forums?

What you like about them? Anything that we should annoy Red to give us here?

Chris

QLD Cup
You guys on any other forums?

What you like about them? Anything that we should annoy Red to give us here?
I really like the BroncosHQ style of having a lot of different categories. This would need more members before that works. To accommodate all those extra categories, I like how the PC is basically divided in two. If you know what I mean. For example "General Discussion" would take up half the width of the screen and on the right side of that would be "QLD Cup". Again, something to consider when there are more members.

Red

Forum staff
I really like the BroncosHQ style of having a lot of different categories. This would need more members before that works. To accommodate all those extra categories, I like how the PC is basically divided in two. If you know what I mean. For example "General Discussion" would take up half the width of the screen and on the right side of that would be "QLD Cup". Again, something to consider when there are more members.
I like that too but I think we need some more members with more content before that works.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
I like that too but I think we need some more members with more content before that works.
Other categories? Right now you have "Dolphins NRL Discussion" and in that you have "Lower Grades and QLD Cup", "Other NRL Clubs" and "Representative Games". If you think about, 2 of those are only kind of related to the Dolphins and the third not at all.

Maybe an "Other Rugby League" category would work?

Red

Forum staff
Other categories? Right now you have "Dolphins NRL Discussion" and in that you have "Lower Grades and QLD Cup", "Other NRL Clubs" and "Representative Games". If you think about, 2 of those are only kind of related to the Dolphins and the third not at all.

Maybe an "Other Rugby League" category would work?
I think more categories would work as well. I don't follow the QLD Cup very closely. Do we have two feeder clubs? Obviously Redcliffe and Central Queensland Capras? Is that right? And WTF is a "Capra" anyway? The point is, rather than QLD Cup thread it should be "QLD Cup: Redcliffe and Central QLD"?

Nashy

Broncos Scout
I think more categories would work as well. I don't follow the QLD Cup very closely. Do we have two feeder clubs? Obviously Redcliffe and Central Queensland Capras? Is that right? And WTF is a "Capra" anyway? The point is, rather than QLD Cup thread it should be "QLD Cup: Redcliffe and Central QLD"?

Important to make sure you don't have dead forums though, they look pretty bad.

Regarding the side by side nodes:

1680828487236.png

That can be done here very easily, would just need some styling changed cause they look ugly at the moment with it turned on.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
More categories definately looks better and is easier to navigate.

Nashy

Broncos Scout
This screenshot on my Dev might show you better:

1680830088560.png

It would just mean on here:

Dolphins General | Lower Grades

Next to each other, instead of on top of each other.
Video and Other Media and About Dolphins Pod could be absorbed by other forums, or Sub-Forums under other forums instead of being front page.

For any where there is an uneven amount, it will just make one of them larger:

1680830204664.png

Red

Forum staff

View attachment 32

Video and Other Media and About Dolphins Pod could be absorbed by other forums, or Sub-Forums under other forums instead of being front page.

View attachment 33
I think it looks outstanding.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

View attachment 32

View attachment 33
BTW Nashy Nashy, what is the "Contributor Forum" about?

Nashy

Broncos Scout
BTW Nashy Nashy, what is the "Contributor Forum" about?

We have some paid memberships you can buy to get rid of advertising and a few extra profile features. That forum is included, but it's usually when we want to start testing a change or new feature, we will generally show it to our contributing members first.

Users like Mr Fourex Mr Fourex are very happy to tell us when they hate stuff.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
smile-ryan-reynolds.gif

Red

Forum staff
It's really great you are helping but I personally like how it is. Just much simpler and clean and easy to find key aspects. The red bg with white text everywhere is too much. Just my 2 cents others may prefer the new version. Also what % of people view on a phone?
Hmmmmm personally, after 4 or 5 attempts to say something, I gave up. I like it. I also like it as is.

Nashy

Broncos Scout
It's really great you are helping but I personally like how it is. Just much simpler and clean and easy to find key aspects. The red bg with white text everywhere is too much. Just my 2 cents others may prefer the new version. Also what % of people view on a phone?

I agree, it's a lot. The colours the phins have left us to work with are tough. The original shock with the extra red over the last day or so has gone though as I got used to it.

Also, there's always the possibility of making it a user choice if they go with dual column or single.

Josh

QLD Cup
What do we all think about this?

View attachment 39
I think it'd work if there were at least 2 rows of forums under each category.

Like:
Dolphins NRL Club
Dolphins Discussion → forum threads
QLD Cup → forum threads
Videos and other media → forum threads

Other Rugby League
Other NRL →forum threads
Rep games
ESL

etc

Is that too many clicks to get where one wants to go?

Last edited:

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I agree, it's a lot. The colours the phins have left us to work with are tough. The original shock with the extra red over the last day or so has gone though as I got used to it.

Also, there's always the possibility of making it a user choice if they go with dual column or single.
Yeah they are terrible primary colours to work with the bright red and tan. Even the official site has used them sporadically - https://www.dolphinsnrl.com.au/

Nashy

Broncos Scout
I think it'd work if there were at least 2 rows of forums under each category.

Like:
Dolphins NRL Club
Dolphins Discussion → forum threads
QLD Cup → forum threads
Videos and other media → forum threads

Other Rugby League
Other NRL →forum threads
Rep games
ESL

etc

Is that too many clicks to get where one wants to go?

I mentioned something like this to Red:

Rugby League Discussion
- Dolphins Discussion
- League Discussion
General Discussion
- General Discussion
- Other Sports

The other forums for mine are not busy enough to warrant being on the front, so could be subforums under the main forums.