Birthplace: Brisbane, QLD

Nickname: Milf

Debut Club: Canberra Raiders

Date: 07 April 2013

Previous Clubs: Canberra Raiders, Brisbane Broncos, Newcastle Knights

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

Anthony Milford ‘Cruising through life?’ Bennett’s brutal Milford ultimatum​

Milford’s career is at a crossroads with coach Wayne Bennett issuing a stern challenge to his five-eighth to lift his game or risk failing to realise his potential or watch his career fade away after he was dropped for Round 1. “The reality is where does Anthony want to be in 12 months time?” Bennett said.

“Does he want to be back on top of his game or in and out of the team like a yoyo? “Time is running out, but Anthony still has time. He has to make a decision whether he is really committed to getting better or is he happy just doing what he is doing and just cruising through life?”

Dolphins skipper Jesse Bromwich echoed Bennett’s words and challenged Milford to be a good teammate and fight for his spot. “For me it just says that one has had a better pre-season than the other, so a lot of the selections come down to who is showing what they have got over pre-season,” Bromwich said.

I'm not sure at what stage of the pre-season that photo was taken but he looks quite fat. Losing a few kgs should be the first thing he looks to do.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Fox Sports rating our halves combo the 3rd worst in the competition. Seems fair if Milford doesn't get back to near his best.

15. SEAN O’SULLIVAN & ANTHONY MILFORD: Dolphins

Coach Bennett has wheeled out his first ever halfback pairing, with Sean O’Sullivan and Isaiya Katoa getting the nod. The coach snubbed Anthony Milford in a shock move, handing 19-year-old Katoa his NRL debut.

Last year, O’Sullivan deputised for Nathan Cleary at the Panthers and was impressive, while Katoa featured for Tonga in the World Cup during the off-season.

While many would consider it a risk to throw Katoa into the fold over the experienced Milford, Bennett has clearly seen enough and believes the young gun can do the job.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Fox Sports rating our halves combo the 3rd worst in the competition. Seems fair if Milford doesn't get back to near his best.

15. SEAN O’SULLIVAN & ANTHONY MILFORD - Dolphins

Wayne Bennett has wheeled out his first ever halfback pairing, with Sean O’Sullivan and Isaiya Katoa getting the nod. The coach snubbed Anthony Milford in a shock move, handing 19-year-old Katoa his NRL debut.

Last year, O’Sullivan deputised for Nathan Cleary at the Panthers and was impressive, while Katoa featured for Tonga in the World Cup during the off-season.

While many would consider it a risk to throw Katoa into the fold over the experienced Milford, Bennett has clearly seen enough and believes the young gun can do the job.
If the forwards can do well, the halves will go just fine. If the forwards can't do well, it will be a long season for Milford, O'Sullivan and Katoa.

midlands hobo

Was listening to the DT podcast and they were not complimentary about Milford. I think the comment of the discussion was why buy him if he's past it.

Equaliser

Was listening to the DT podcast and they were not complimentary about Milford. I think the comment of the discussion was why buy him if he's past it.
He's only 28. If he wants to put in the effort, I don't think there is any reason he has to be past it. But that's a big "if". It really seems he doesn't want to put in the effort. If he did, the first thing is he wouldn't be overweight.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
He's only 28. If he wants to put in the effort, I don't think there is any reason he has to be past it. But that's a big "if". It really seems he doesn't want to put in the effort. If he did, the first thing is he wouldn't be overweight.
Yeah I agree ......you can't write him off just yet, BUT it's become plain and obvious that Milf has run out of excuses and the only one who can change his destiny, is the man he looks at in the mirror each morning. Its a long season and whilst Katoa went well in R1....there's still a place in the squad for Anthony.

Equaliser

ALL EYES WERE ON

Anthony Milford played a key role in the CQ Capras’ Round 1 win over Tweed. The 28-year-old set up Kodi Nikorima in the first minute, scored his own try on the stroke of half time and then kicked the matchwinning field goal in the 78th minute. He also finished with two linebreaks, a linebreak assist and 162 running metres.

Fellow Dolphin Nikorima had a field day at fullback in Queensland Cup. He set up two tries, got two linebreaks, a linebreak assist and 163 running metres to do with his four-pointer.

You would imagine Nikorima will get the nod to come in for JMK but MILF can't be far off if he puts in a few more good performances in a row.