What's new

300 games

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Just a thought and wondering what people think. With modern HIA protocol and stand downs which obviously were never a thing. Are any of the current youngsters coming into the first grade going to make 300 games?

It was a massive achievement anyhow but it seems likely now to be unachievable.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Just a thought and wondering what people think. With modern HIA protocol and stand downs which obviously were never a thing. Are any of the current youngsters coming into the first grade going to make 300 games?

I think it's likely. Wasn't so long ago, 30 was right at the end of one's career. These days playing until 34 or35 isn't anything extraordinary.

Dolph

QLD Cup

But probably might be hard for forwards. Already is.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Apart from Bromwich and Cameron Smith, have any other forwards reached the 300 game mark?
I think Steve Menzies, the Manly backrower also got over 300 games. And I think the ESL then Canterbury then St George and then ESL again prop James Graham holds the record for the most top grade games.

midlands hobo

I think Steve Menzies, the Manly backrower also got over 300 games. And I think the ESL then Canterbury then St George and then ESL again prop James Graham holds the record for the most top grade games.
Jammer has something like 476 including GB and England games however he himself claims to have had a stupid number of head knocks which in the modern game would drastically cut that number

Just looked it up 100 concussions.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup

Great point. I also wonder if now there are more suspensions than ever it will affect it too?

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Apart from Bromwich and Cameron Smith, have any other forwards reached the 300 game mark?
Heaps actually looking at the list I am surprised there are almost as many forwards as backs, although some played a bit of both like Sutton and Luke Lewis...
Gallen, Parker, Adam Blair, Heighnington, Hindmarsh, Ryan Hoffman, Tolman, Gavin Cooper, Kite, Wiki, Civo, Langmack, Steve Price, Mannering, Ricketson, Tamou, Bromwhich, Farrah, Priddis, Watmough, Geoff Gerard, Sutton, McCullough. Thaiday, Aubusson, Luke Lewis. Crazy stuff!

Equaliser

Heaps actually looking at the list I am surprised there are almost as many forwards as backs, although some played a bit of both like Sutton and Luke Lewis...
Gallen, Parker, Adam Blair, Heighnington, Hindmarsh, Ryan Hoffman, Tolman, Gavin Cooper, Kite, Wiki, Civo, Langmack, Steve Price, Mannering, Ricketson, Tamou, Bromwhich, Farrah, Priddis, Watmough, Geoff Gerard, Sutton, McCullough. Thaiday, Aubusson, Luke Lewis. Crazy stuff!
Jesus! Didn't realise it was anything close to that number!

midlands hobo

Just thought I would update this. James Roby at st Helens last wee made his 532nd appearance for the club plus nearly 40 internationals

midlands hobo

However the new players the 18/19 year olds. I see 300 as being like rocking horse shit for them