What's new

What should be the Dolphins name?

What should the Dolphins be called? Up to 3 choices.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris

QLD Cup
At this moment, Redcliffe is a no-brainer. If another team is added in Cairns or Ipswich, poor little Redcliffe risks becoming a hobby club. N Bris, Bris or SE QLD is far too unoriginal.
If or when that happened, no reason they couldn't change the name.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
At this moment, Redcliffe is a no-brainer. If another team is added in Cairns or Ipswich, poor little Redcliffe risks becoming a hobby club. N Bris, Bris or SE QLD is far too unoriginal.
Poor little Redcliffe was almost named the capital of QLD before eventually Brisbane was......

Poor little Redcliffe certainly has more to offer than Ipswich
and just as much as Cairns.

When and if that time comes...we'll stand our own ground.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Poor little Redcliffe was almost named the capital of QLD before eventually Brisbane was......

I meant in the future, "poor little Redcliffe". Obviously it has very limited ability to support a larger area/ much larger population as opposed to Ipswich, Toowoomba, Cairns and etc.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
I support naming the team "Redcliffe" but I fear in the future it will become the QLDs version of Cronulla. They are in a "Sharks golden age" now and still get crowds of only 7~10k for home games. I'm not an expert about the geography of Sydney but I believe the Cronulla shire is similar to Redcliffe, geographically speaking.

Red

Forum staff
I support naming the team "Redcliffe" but I fear in the future it will become the QLDs version of Cronulla. They are in a "Sharks golden age" now and still get crowds of only 7~10k for home games. I'm not an expert about the geography of Sydney but I believe the Cronulla shire is similar to Redcliffe, geographically speaking.
That would be a damn shame!

Paul

Dolphins Junior League

Broncos chairman Karl Morris in an interview talking about our team saying "Recliffe this" and "Redcliffe that". It's a calculated message to sponsors and fans outside of Redcliffe saying, "they only represent this small area. We represent all of Brisbane." No one is going to care about their BS now but if the team is officially named "Redcliffe", it could become an issue. I hope not but it could.

Red

Forum staff
Broncos chairman Karl Morris in an interview talking about our team saying "Recliffe this" and "Redcliffe that". It's a calculated message to sponsors and fans outside of Redcliffe saying, "they only represent this small area. We represent all of Brisbane." No one is going to care about their BS now but if the team is officially named "Redcliffe", it could become an issue. I hope not but it could.
The only thing I think everyone agrees on is that a name is needed to go with the mascot! I agree with Chris Chris. Go with Redcliffe for now and if what you describe becomes an issue, go with a name more geographically inclusive of Brisbane. Like Moreton Bay Dolphins. IMO North Brisbane, Brisbane and SE QLD are painfully unoriginal!

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
TBH......I couldn't give 2 fucks what Karl Morris says.....his take on it, is hardly surprising.

QLD RL fans outside of Redcliffe who want to support any QLD team other than The Broncos, won't care if its Redcliffe Dolphins......or Moreton Bay Dolphins....or SEQLD Dolphins.......or whatever Dolphins

Redcliffe have been working towards this (NRL team) for a very long time.......they should rightly be allowed to call the team after the city that has supported them for 75yrs.

Josh

QLD Cup
TBH......I couldn't give 2 fucks what Karl Morris says.....his take on it, is hardly surprising.

QLD RL fans outside of Redcliffe who want to support any QLD team other than The Broncos, won't care if its Redcliffe Dolphins......or Moreton Bay Dolphins....or SEQLD Dolphins.......or whatever Dolphins

Redcliffe have been working towards this (NRL team) for a very long time.......they should rightly be allowed to call the team after the city that has supported them for 75yrs.
Makes sense.....

Chris

QLD Cup
Enough supporters is never going to be a problem. If sponsorship becomes an issue in the future, can deal with it then.

Josh

QLD Cup
Has to be Redcliffe, it doesn't feel right as is.
Look at the crowd last night. Will still have a huge amount of support outside Redcliffe, officially named Redcliffe or not. But FFS, not having a name, just a logo, is embarrassing now.

Reactions: Red

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League

Being the gutter gossipist that you are, you probably aren't aware of such things like copyright and trademark.

200.gif