What's new

Top 5 players, 2023

Red

Forum staff
I was going to make a video of the top 5 players in 2023. Anyone else want to nominate their top 5?
I've ruled out the best two in the first half of the season, JMK and Gilbert due to the number of games they missed.
  1. Isaako
  2. Wallace
  3. Hammer
  4. Kafusi
  5. Lemuelu

Chris

QLD Cup
I was going to make a video of the top 5 players in 2023. Anyone else want to nominate their top 5?
I've ruled out the best two in the first half of the season, JMK and Gilbert due to the number of games they missed.
  1. Isaako
  2. Wallace
  3. Hammer
  4. Kafusi
  5. Lemuelu
I think Niko deserves a spot. Filled in all over the field and didn't let anyone down. Lemuelu went missing around the same time Gilbert went down. Kafusi missed a fair few games.
  1. Isaako
  2. Wallace
  3. Hammer
  4. Niko
  5. Kafusi

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
  1. Hammer
  2. Wallace
  3. Isaako
  4. Kafusi
  5. Niko
It's good and bad Niko, Isaako and Wallace get a mention. Good that Wayne could get them to play much better but bad we had to rely in blokes no other clubs wanted.

Dolph

QLD Cup
I think Niko deserves a spot. Filled in all over the field and didn't let anyone down. Lemuelu went missing around the same time Gilbert went down. Kafusi missed a fair few games.
  1. Isaako
  2. Wallace
  3. Hammer
  4. Niko
  5. Kafusi
x2

Dolph

QLD Cup

2023 Dally M Awards nominees

FULLBACK: James Tedesco (Roosters), Dylan Edwards (Panthers), Kalyn Ponga (Knights)

WINGERS: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Warriors), Jamayne Isaako (Dolphins), Brian To’o (Panthers), Dominic Young (Knights), Selwyn Cobbo (Broncos), Ronaldo Mulitalo (Sharks)

CENTRES: Stephen Crichton (Panthers), Bradman Best (Knights), Kotoni Staggs (Broncos), Campbell Graham (Rabbitohs), Herbie Farnworth (Broncos), Izack Tago (Panthers)

FIVE-EIGHTH: Ezra Mam (Broncos), Cameron Munster (Storm), Cody Walker (Rabbitohs)

HALFBACK: Nathan Cleary (Panthers), Daly Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles), Shaun Johnson (Warriors)

HOOKER: Wayde Egan (Warriors), Apisai Koroisau (Wests Tigers), Harry Grant (Storm)

PROPS: Lindsay Collins (Roosters), Payne Haas (Broncos), James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Nelson Asofa-Solomona (Storm), Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles), Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors)

BACK ROWERS: Liam Martin (Panthers), Briton Nikora (Sharks), Tyson Frizell (Knights), Haumole Olakau’atu (Sea Eagles), David Fifita (Titans), Hudson Young (Raiders)

LOCK: Tohu Harris (Warriors), Isaah Yeo (Panthers), Patrick Carrigan (Broncos)

COACH: Kevin Walters (Broncos), Andrew Webster (Warriors), Ivan Cleary (Panthers)

CAPTAIN: Adam Reynolds (Broncos), Tohu Harris (Warriors), Isaah Yeo (Panthers)

ROOKIE: Jahream Bula (Wests Tigers), William Warbrick (Storm), Sunia Turuva (Panthers)

Only one nominee. Not great but I expect Isaako will get it.
  1. Ponga
  2. Isaako
  3. Crichton
  4. Farnworth
  5. To'o
  6. Munster
  7. Johnson
  8. Haas
  9. Egan
  10. Fonua-Blake
  11. Martin
  12. Olakau’atu
  13. Yeo
Coach: Webster
Captain: Reynolds
Rookie: Warbrick

Red

Forum staff

2023 Dally M Awards nominees

FULLBACK: James Tedesco (Roosters), Dylan Edwards (Panthers), Kalyn Ponga (Knights)

WINGERS: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Warriors), Jamayne Isaako (Dolphins), Brian To’o (Panthers), Dominic Young (Knights), Selwyn Cobbo (Broncos), Ronaldo Mulitalo (Sharks)

CENTRES: Stephen Crichton (Panthers), Bradman Best (Knights), Kotoni Staggs (Broncos), Campbell Graham (Rabbitohs), Herbie Farnworth (Broncos), Izack Tago (Panthers)

FIVE-EIGHTH: Ezra Mam (Broncos), Cameron Munster (Storm), Cody Walker (Rabbitohs)

HALFBACK: Nathan Cleary (Panthers), Daly Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles), Shaun Johnson (Warriors)

HOOKER: Wayde Egan (Warriors), Apisai Koroisau (Wests Tigers), Harry Grant (Storm)

PROPS: Lindsay Collins (Roosters), Payne Haas (Broncos), James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Nelson Asofa-Solomona (Storm), Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles), Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors)

BACK ROWERS: Liam Martin (Panthers), Briton Nikora (Sharks), Tyson Frizell (Knights), Haumole Olakau’atu (Sea Eagles), David Fifita (Titans), Hudson Young (Raiders)

LOCK: Tohu Harris (Warriors), Isaah Yeo (Panthers), Patrick Carrigan (Broncos)

COACH: Kevin Walters (Broncos), Andrew Webster (Warriors), Ivan Cleary (Panthers)

CAPTAIN: Adam Reynolds (Broncos), Tohu Harris (Warriors), Isaah Yeo (Panthers)

ROOKIE: Jahream Bula (Wests Tigers), William Warbrick (Storm), Sunia Turuva (Panthers)

Only one nominee. Not great but I expect Isaako will get it.
  1. Ponga
  2. Isaako
  3. Crichton
  4. Farnworth
  5. To'o
  6. Munster
  7. Johnson
  8. Haas
  9. Egan
  10. Fonua-Blake
  11. Martin
  12. Olakau’atu
  13. Yeo
Coach: Webster
Captain: Reynolds
Rookie: Warbrick
Player of the year: Sean Johnson
And I think Fifita might beat Olakau'atu.
Nothing between the locks. Flip a coin for that one.

Dolph

QLD Cup
FULLBACK: Kalyn Ponga

WINGERS: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Jamayne Isaako

CENTRES: Stephen Crichton and Herbie Farnworth

FIVE-EIGHTH: Ezra Mam

HALFBACK: Shaun Johnson

PROPS: Payne Haas and Addin Fonua-Blake

HOOKER: Harry Grant

SECOND ROWERS: Liam Martin and David Fifita

LOCK: Pat Carrigan

DALLY M MEDAL: Kalyn Ponga

COACH: Andrew Webster (Warriors)

CAPTAIN: Adam Reynolds (Broncos)

ROOKIE: Sunia Turuva (Panthers)

TRY OF THE YEAR: Mathew Feagai (Dragons)

TACKLE OF THE YEAR: Haumole Olakau’atu (Sea Eagles)

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Sunia Turuva

COACH OF THE YEAR: Andrew Webster

TOP TRYSCORER: Jamayne Isaako

TOP POINT-SCORER: Jamayne Isaako

PETER FRILINGOS AWARD: (headline moment of the year): Dolphins (for the round 1 win over Sydney Roosters)

Have to say, considering the Dolphins position on the table, it wasn't a bad night.

Last edited:

Red

Forum staff

PETER FRILINGOS AWARD: (headline moment of the year): Dolphins (for the round 1 win over Sydney Roosters)

Have to say, considering the Dolphins position on the table, it wasn't a bad night.
Though Sean Johnson should have won player of the year. No doubt Ponga was very good in the last 8 or 9 rounds but Johnson was brilliant all year.

Also was Mam really better than Munster this year? Not in the Storm and Broncos games I saw.

Also that Penrith winger for Rookie of the Year. Thought the Storm's Warbrick might have been better according to the Penrith and Storm games I watched.

Jetty

QLD Cup

I guess it's gotten better but still, just because Newcastle are a one man team doesn't mean the best player in the competition this year by a mile, Sean Johnson, should be punished.