Tom Gilbert Height: 185 cm

Date of Birth: 05 August 2000

Weight: 100 kg

Birthplace: Brisbane, QLD

Debut Club: North Queensland Cowboys

Date: 06 June 2020

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
Had a shocker on Sunday against the Roosters......

Hopefully that is a one off......

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Had a shocker on Sunday against the Roosters......

Hopefully that is a one off......
I was also surprised. I wouldn't go so far as to say he had a shocker but I thought he was going to be our standout forward. Instead the opposite happened. Maybe Jesse will give him a baking if he doesn't do better from next game.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
True....RE shocker.
But his hands badly let him down. He needs to sort that shit out real quick.......
Not as much impact with the ball or in defence as I had hoped for as well but maybe he only needed to work hard and let Kafusi and the Bromwich's come up with the big plays.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
I was also surprised. I wouldn't go so far as to say he had a shocker but I thought he was going to be our standout forward. Instead the opposite happened. Maybe Jesse will give him a baking if he doesn't do better from next game.
True....RE shocker.
But his hands badly let him down. He needs to sort that shit out real quick.......
In a way, it's a good thing. Shows there is still plenty of upside in this team.

Jetty

QLD Cup
In a way, it's a good thing. Shows there is still plenty of upside in this team.
At this point, depth seems like the biggest problem. It'll take this season and next to rectify that. Similar to the top teams in 2025.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Nice to see him getting some accolades. I thought he was outstanding last game but no one else was talking about him so I wondered if I was wrong.

12. TOM GILBERT

Proving to be a fan favourite for the Dolphins, Gilbert shone with a crucial four-pointer to level the scores with 18 minutes remaining in the contest. The 22-year-old wore the No.13 jersey on Saturday but is a deserved member of this team and has shifted into the backrow. Gilbert ran for 128 metres and made 35 tackles, becoming one of Bennett’s most important players.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
Nice to see him getting some accolades. I thought he was outstanding last game but no one else was talking about him so I wondered if I was wrong.

12. TOM GILBERT

Proving to be a fan favourite for the Dolphins, Gilbert shone with a crucial four-pointer to level the scores with 18 minutes remaining in the contest. The 22-year-old wore the No.13 jersey on Saturday but is a deserved member of this team and has shifted into the backrow. Gilbert ran for 128 metres and made 35 tackles, becoming one of Bennett’s most important players.
I missed a large part of the game on Saturday .......so I was reluctant to make comment. Will try and catch a replay somewhere....

Reactions: Red

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
Worth a watch. The lads were good in that second half.
I saw about half of the 2nd half......

It was a great effort after being down 12-0 just before half-time. This team has a bit of spirit.....

a bit of REDCLIFFE spirit..... ;)

Paul

Dolphins Junior League

12. TOM GILBERT

This guy with a couple of years under Benny's tutoring at his age has a big future. He's never going to be explosive like JT (Cowboys lock, not) or skillful like Murray or Yeo but I'm thinking like Paul Gallen (minus the grubbyness) or Carrigan.

Josh

QLD Cup
I don't know WTF they are talking about to be honest. Tommy is a crowd favourite because he plays hard and fair and always gives 100%

TOM GILBERT (Dolphins)

NRL games: 55

Star rating: 7

Pest rating: 7

Overall ranking: Equal 11th

Before the season kicked off former Storm enforcer Felise Kaufusi was odds-on to become the Dolphins’ most hated player. But on the back of some monster hits prior to Kaufusi’s suspension, he became the game’s most talked about recruit for mostly the right reasons. Meanwhile, it’s the former Cowboy who has snuck under everyone’s guard to become the Dolphins’ resident shit stirrer, with Tom Gilbert’s whatever-it-takes mentality also making him a huge crowd favourite.

Red

Forum staff
I don't know WTF they are talking about to be honest. Tommy is a crowd favourite because he plays hard and fair and always gives 100%

TOM GILBERT (Dolphins)

Before the season kicked off former Storm enforcer Felise Kaufusi was odds-on to become the Dolphins’ most hated player. But on the back of some monster hits prior to Kaufusi’s suspension, he became the game’s most talked about recruit for mostly the right reasons. Meanwhile, it’s the former Cowboy who has snuck under everyone’s guard to become the Dolphins’ resident shit stirrer, with Tom Gilbert’s whatever-it-takes mentality also making him a huge crowd favourite.
Been our player of the year so far. I know JMK has been tearing it up but he of course missed 2 games.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup

TOM GILBERT (Dolphins)

We really don't have any pest players so Gilbert I guess took the cake. Dunno where they got this 7/10 for his pest rating though.