What's new

Round 3 v Newcastle

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Things are really falling the right way for us. Newcastle next week and they'll almost certainly be without Ponga and one of the Saifiti's. We will be without JMK which is a big loss but I'm confident we will overcome against Newcastle without Ponga.

midlands hobo

Ponga certain I just watched the game and he was out cold. Brailey a doubt due to his HIA fail and Hastings faces the tribunal for a high shot that caused a failed hia, so you can guess that isn't goin to go well. Also frizell couldn't put his foot down after a nasty rolled ankle so doubtful

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Ponga certain I just watched the game and he was out cold. Brailey a doubt due to his HIA fail and Hastings faces the tribunal for a high shot that caused a failed hia, so you can guess that isn't goin to go well. Also frizell couldn't put his foot down after a nasty rolled ankle so doubtful
Football gods are smiling on us at this point. Well, they are for the next game. I thought we were the better team last week and deserved the win.

midlands hobo

Sadly it's a 9am kick off here and I'll be working. Will be incommunicado until I've watched the catch up Friday night

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Sadly it's a 9am kick off here and I'll be working. Will be incommunicado until I've watched the catch up Friday night
If you sneak a look at the scores at halftime it might already be over. Hopefully use the second half practicing good attacking plays. They apparently have 10 of their best 17 unavailable. And their best 17 are hardly competition heavyweights.

Red

Forum staff

Dolphins team:​

1. 1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Tesi Niu
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Kodi Nikorima (interesting. I thought Donoghoe would start with Nikorima on the bench.)
  10. Jarrod Wallace
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Kenny Bromwich
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Connelly Lemuelu
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe
  18. Mason Teague

19. Poasa Faamausili
  20. JJ Collins
  21. Anthony Milford
  22. Robert Jennings

Paul

Dolphins Junior League

Dolphins team:​

1. 1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Tesi Niu
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Kodi Nikorima (interesting. I thought Donoghoe would start with Nikorima on the bench.)
  10. Jarrod Wallace
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Kenny Bromwich
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Connelly Lemuelu
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe
  18. Mason Teague

19. Poasa Faamausili
  20. JJ Collins
  21. Anthony Milford
  22. Robert Jennings
So much for Newcastle being decimated with injury and suspension.

Knights team:​

1. Lachlan Miller 2. Hymel Hunt 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Dominic Young 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Jack Hetherington 11. Brodie Jones 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Leo Thompson 14. Ryan Rivett 15. Mathew Croker 16. Jack Johns 17. Dylan Lucas 18. Enari Tuala 19. Greg Marzhew 20. Oryn Keeley 21. Ben Talty 22. Thomas Cant

No's 1~5 are in Newcastle's best 17.
So is No. 7
So is No.8, 10, 11, 12.

Red

Forum staff
So much for Newcastle being decimated with injury and suspension.

Knights team:​

1. Lachlan Miller 2. Hymel Hunt 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Dominic Young 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Jack Hetherington 11. Brodie Jones 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Leo Thompson 14. Ryan Rivett 15. Mathew Croker 16. Jack Johns 17. Dylan Lucas 18. Enari Tuala 19. Greg Marzhew 20. Oryn Keeley 21. Ben Talty 22. Thomas Cant

No's 1~5 are in Newcastle's best 17.
So is No. 7
So is No.8, 10, 11, 12.
Analysis: Kodi Nikorima has been named at hooker with star recruit Jeremy Marshall-King suspended for the next two weeks. Ray Stone returns from the knee injury and Mason Teague goes to 18th man.

Nice to see Nikorima get a chance. I think he's a prototype interchange utility. But at the moment Kurt Donoghoe is getting the nod. I think there might be room in the 17 for both. Both those 2 and JMK.

Jetty

QLD Cup
IMO maybe the best thing about Bennett as a coach is that when his teams are heavily favoured to win, they almsot always win. I mean, looses in such circumstances seem to be far rarely than with most other coaches. He successfully gets it into the players heads that the game isn't to be taken lightly no matter how heavily favoured they are.

Red

Forum staff
IMO maybe the best thing about Bennett as a coach is that when his teams are heavily favoured to win, they almsot always win. I mean, looses in such circumstances seem to be far rarely than with most other coaches. He successfully gets it into the players heads that the game isn't to be taken lightly no matter how heavily favoured they are.
Hope this comment doesn't come back to bite us. Bombed try quickly followed by a try for them isn't a good start.

Chris

QLD Cup
That was frightening. Normal service about to be restored...... I hope.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Nikorima plays for Redcliffe! Didn't know that. Wonder why Milf doesn't.

Chris

QLD Cup
Try for all money! A fraction of a second is all that's needed.

Chris

QLD Cup
This really underlines how important JMK is for this team. The service from dummy half has been so slow and inaccurate!