What's new

Round 26: Dolphins vs North Queensland Cowboys

Jetty

QLD Cup
We'll be much better with these 3 back but still might be a hard game without JMK and Gilbert.

Team Tips: The Dolphins are limping to the finish line. They were decimated by injuries last week, with three players (Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Connelly Lemuelu and Kenny Bromwich) out after failing HIA’s the week prior. Those three will be back on deck with one of either Jack Bostock and Robert Jennings dropping out as well as Josh Kerr and JJ Collins. Trai Fuller played well on debut, receiving high praise from Wayne Bennett post-game.

Jetty

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Tesi Niu
  4. Robert Jennings
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Harrison Graham
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Josh Kerr
  16. Euan Aitken
  17. Herman Ese’ese

18. JJ Collins
  19. Isaiya Katoa
  20. Valynce Te Whare
  21. Anthony Milford
  22. Kurt Donoghoe

Reactions: Red

Josh

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Tesi Niu
  4. Robert Jennings
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Harrison Graham
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Josh Kerr
  16. Euan Aitken
  17. Herman Ese’ese

18. JJ Collins
  19. Isaiya Katoa
  20. Valynce Te Whare
  21. Anthony Milford
  22. Kurt Donoghoe
Bostock still in. Wayne really must rate him for a permanent spot next year.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Tesi Niu
  4. Robert Jennings
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Harrison Graham
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Josh Kerr
  16. Euan Aitken
  17. Herman Ese’ese

18. JJ Collins
  19. Isaiya Katoa
  20. Valynce Te Whare
  21. Anthony Milford
  22. Kurt Donoghoe
Trei Fuller was an interesting omission. Hammer's best spot is fullback. No doubt but Wayne doesn't mind moving him before. Thought he might have dropped Jennings instead.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Trei Fuller was an interesting omission. Hammer's best spot is fullback. No doubt but Wayne doesn't mind moving him before. Thought he might have dropped Jennings instead.
In the NRL sometimes all the ability in the world doesn't matter if one isn't big enough.

Equaliser

Are the Cowgirls still a chance of making the finals depending on other results or 100% out?

I think we might beat them if its the second of those. The wraps they had coming into the season. Club must be massively demoralised.

Josh

QLD Cup
Are the Cowgirls still a chance of making the finals depending on other results or 100% out?

I think we might beat them if its the second of those. The wraps they had coming into the season. Club must be massively demoralised.
Absolutely still a chance. One of them, Souths and Roosters will make it. And Souths and Roosters play each other in last round. If Newcastle lost their last 2 and Cowboys win, Cowboys could land in 7th.

Though don't think 7th or 8th makes any difference.

Equaliser

Absolutely still a chance. One of them, Souths and Roosters will make it. And Souths and Roosters play each other in last round. If Newcastle lost their last 2 and Cowboys win, Cowboys could land in 7th.

Though don't think 7th or 8th makes any difference.
In that case, of course I don't want Dolphins to lose but in this game, a loss won't bother me. I'd prefer to see the Cowboys beat Souths and Roosters for a spot in the top 8.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Late Mail: Jesse Bromwich (groin) and Robert Jennings (knee) are two players who are out through injury according to coach Wayne Bennett with Euan Aitken promoted to a starting centre spot after originally being named on the bench. Valynce Te Whare has also been omitted.

I'm surprised Val has fallen out of favour so far. I thought his defence was getting better and he always offered much more in attack than most of that backline.

Equaliser

The skipper has been ruled out with Wallace being promoted to the starting side. Aitken also promoted with Jennings being axed. JJ and Katoa come onto the bench.
On form this year the team will be better with Ese'ese than Bromwich.

Equaliser

Good start. Matching them and then some in the first 7 min.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Cowboys fans are going to be delighted if someone with ............. those sexual preferences becomes their No.1 try scorer.

Equaliser

Team is so much better with Milf at 5/8. I know he needs to loser a few kgs but even with the extra luggage he's our best 5/8!

Dolph

QLD Cup
I'm going to be very honest and say Drinkwater is showing why they no longer wanted the Hammer. Drinkwater is worth 1 mil a year.

Equaliser

Not much we can say at halftime except that the Cowboys are a much better team.

Blockade

QLD Cup
The edge defense is deplorable as per usual. Our forwards are showing their age yet again and SOS looks foolish out there. Plenty of work to be done in the off season.

Jetty

QLD Cup
The edge defense is deplorable as per usual. Our forwards are showing their age yet again and SOS looks foolish out there. Plenty of work to be done in the off season.
Disagree about the edges. Whole team looks way off the pace. Agree 100% about SOS.