What's new

Round 24: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs. Dolphins

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Team Tips: Coach Wayne Bennett confirmed Mark Nicholls will miss at least a week with a concussion after failing a HIA. “He was knocked out,” Bennett said. Josh Kerr is in line to return to the side for Nicholls.

I know a lot of people are talking about the Dogs but I don't buy it personally. I think they are very beatable and I think we are going to beat them on Saturday.

Red

Forum staff
Team Tips: Coach Wayne Bennett confirmed Mark Nicholls will miss at least a week with a concussion after failing a HIA. “He was knocked out,” Bennett said. Josh Kerr is in line to return to the side for Nicholls.

I know a lot of people are talking about the Dogs but I don't buy it personally. I think they are very beatable and I think we are going to beat them on Saturday.
Is Herbie going to be up against Crighton or will they be on opposite sides? I think Crighton is overrated though no doubt at all he's a good defender. If he's marking Herbie, it will be a good. I think Herbie will win out. His attack has been off the charts recently. Lots of tackle breaks.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
In their last 5 games, who have they played to go on such a nice run?

I know we arent one of the top teams, However, I don't think they have played any of the top sides in that time.

Whilst winning is winning, they are not unbeatable, and they will lose to the top 4 in the finals.

Forward pack is small, I don't rate sexton or burton as halves.

Just my opinion.

We can beat them

Dolph

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Oryn Keeley
  15. Lachlan Hubner
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Sean O’Sullivan

18. Trai Fuller
  19. Tesi Niu
  20. Anthony Milford
  21. Kurt Donoghoe
  22. Josh Kerr

Jetty

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Oryn Keeley
  15. Lachlan Hubner
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Sean O’Sullivan

18. Trai Fuller
  19. Tesi Niu
  20. Anthony Milford
  21. Kurt Donoghoe
  22. Josh Kerr
Hubner and Keeley have gone ahead of Kerr and Donoghoe. Interesting.

Blockade

QLD Cup

Agreed. The Dogs are nothing special. Their profile has been heightened recently due to a big win over a disinterested and disjointed Bronco side. Like always, this game will be close. A win here and they will almost ensure post season action.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Agreed. The Dogs are nothing special. Their profile has been heightened recently due to a big win over a disinterested and disjointed Bronco side. Like always, this game will be close. A win here and they will almost ensure post season action.
Agree. Think we might burst their little bubble this weekend.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I wasn't really confident last week. Warriors had a lot to play for and coming off a shock loss. This week I'm confident for opposite reasons. This dramatically overrated outfit is starting to believe its own legend.
Until they play Penrith or the Storm. And we were close to beating both those outfits.

Our form slump has seen us give away games when in positions to win, rather than losing them.

Red

Forum staff
I'm tipping Herbie to give Crighton, who is starting to believe in his own legend far too much, a bath. But still, Dogs are a strong defensive outfit. So:
  • Dolphins by 8
  • MoM = Herbie
  • First try = Bostock

Blockade

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 2
FTS- K Bromwich
MOTM- Hammer

No reason to believe that this won't be another close one. The Dolphins can make a big statement today and a victory will all but book a ticket into some September action.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 2
FTS- K Bromwich
MOTM- Hammer

No reason to believe that this won't be another close one. The Dolphins can make a big statement today and a victory will all but book a ticket into some September action.
First try Kenny B? Huge call. TBH, of the starting 13, he'd be my last pick.

Dolphins by 10
First try = Plath
MoM = Kafusi

Blockade

QLD Cup
First try Kenny B? Huge call. TBH, of the starting 13, he'd be my last pick.

Dolphins by 10
First try = Plath
MoM = Kafusi
I rarely get these things right. I went with one out of left field today.