What's new

Round 19: Penrith Panthers v Dolphins

Dolph

QLD Cup

Team Tips:

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow could be back on deck following Game III, pushing Trai Fuller to the reserves if the Dolphins marquee man backs up. Euan Aitken suffered a ruptured peck last time out against the Rabbitohs, meaning his season is over. Felise Kaufusi is a chance of slotting into his backrow spot, while Josh Kerr could also put his hand up. Elsewhere, Kodi Nikorima suffered a sternum injury but Wayne Bennett was confident he will be free to take the field after 10 days of rest.

Just our luck, Cleary is back for this game. If Penrith Origin players don't back up, we are a chance. Otherwise I think we can only hope to not get flogged.

Dolph

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich
  14. Josh Kerr
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Trai Fuller
  18. Sean O’Sullivan

Fuller on the bench! I presume coming on at hooker or an injury in the backs. I like the plan.

mr_c

QLD Cup
i would say trai there because someones obviously not fully fit , only time they seem use a back in the bench
i would say we might see some of jake in the halfs and trai out full back n hammer centre if plath under pressure they can use kodi at hooker

as this bit in the media release suggests we see him in backs

This move will give Dolphins fans their first opportunity to see speedsters Fuller and Tabuai-Fidow in action during the same game.

Last edited:

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
i would say trai there because someones obviously not fully fit , only time they seem use a back in the bench
i would say we might see some of jake in the halfs and trai out full back n hammer centre if plath under pressure they can use kodi at hooker

as this bit in the media release suggests we see him in backs

This move will give Dolphins fans their first opportunity to see speedsters Fuller and Tabuai-Fidow in action during the same game.
Which media is saying it.

Equaliser

What a round to play Penrith. Just when they get Cleary back. Hopefully their Origin players don't back up. No matter if Niko is fit or not, I think Fuller needs to be on the bench. Points are going to be hard to come by. Fuller is someone who might be able to break open their defence.

Josh

QLD Cup
Early Mail: Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow and Felise Kaufusi have both been named to back up from Origin duties. After a few weeks operating through the middle for Wayne Bennett’s side, Kaufusi will return to the back row in place of the injured Euan Aitken. Should the Dolphins opt to rest Tabuai-Fidow, Trai Fuller will be promoted to start, with SeanO’Sullivan the likeliest name to join the bench.

Red

Forum staff
Early Mail: Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow and Felise Kaufusi have both been named to back up from Origin duties. After a few weeks operating through the middle for Wayne Bennett’s side, Kaufusi will return to the back row in place of the injured Euan Aitken. Should the Dolphins opt to rest Tabuai-Fidow, Trai Fuller will be promoted to start, with SeanO’Sullivan the likeliest name to join the bench.
I reckon all the Panthers Origin players will back up. They have 4 days. I think Cleary will want to have them make a charge for the minor premiership or at least lock in a best 2 finish.

It's up to the Dolphins. A win will be hard but need to show we can match them.

Chris

QLD Cup
Edwards and Yeo out for the Pathers but the other 3 are likely to play.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Yeah, majority said he was good to go, one page I read said maybe one more week, didn't believe it so I thought i would ask here.

Chris

QLD Cup
Yeah, majority said he was good to go, one page I read said maybe one more week, didn't believe it so I thought i would ask here.
Probably could have been back for last game is what I heard but out of an abundance of caution, they kept him one more week.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 2
FTS- Bostock
MOTM- Katoa

Huge opportunity today with Penrith severely depleted. A victory will go a hell of a long ways in securing their maiden playoff berth.

Equaliser

Dolphins by 2
FTS- Bostock
MOTM- Katoa

Huge opportunity today with Penrith severely depleted. A victory will go a hell of a long ways in securing their maiden playoff berth.
Like the optimism but seriously....
Penrith by 20
Dolphins first try: Fuller
Dolphins best: Fuller

• Sad
Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Like the optimism but seriously....
Penrith by 20
Dolphins first try: Fuller
Dolphins best: Fuller
It'll be a hard game but don't write us off. As for Fuller, you realise he isn't starting?
  • Dolphins by 4
  • First try: Isaako
  • MoM: Hammer