What's new

Round 15: Dolphins v Manly Sea Eagles

Jetty

QLD Cup
Team Tips: Bennett will be without both Anthony Milford and Jarrod Wallace for three weeks after the pair were suspended during Round 14. However, in a timely return, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow will take up his place at fullback with Kodi Nikorima shifting to five-eighth. Bennett will also be sweating on the fitness of hooker Jeremy Marshall-King after he was a late withdrawal with a shoulder injury. If fit, he will shift Ray Stone back to the No.13 role.

What a difference a week makes. Last week, the only unavailable player was Kafusi. This week it's:
  • Wallace for 3 weeks
  • Milf for 3 weeks
  • Kafusi for another week
  • Gilbert probably see him back round 1 next year.
  • Brenko Lee went off with a hamstring injury so he'll likely be out for at least 2 or 3 weeks.
Gotta break this habit of winning one and losing one! Need to beat Manly and Parramatta and then the big rematch v the Donkeys.

Josh

QLD Cup
Team Tips: Bennett will be without both Anthony Milford and Jarrod Wallace for three weeks after the pair were suspended during Round 14. However, in a timely return, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow will take up his place at fullback with Kodi Nikorima shifting to five-eighth. Bennett will also be sweating on the fitness of hooker Jeremy Marshall-King after he was a late withdrawal with a shoulder injury. If fit, he will shift Ray Stone back to the No.13 role.

What a difference a week makes. Last week, the only unavailable player was Kafusi. This week it's:
  • Wallace for 3 weeks
  • Milf for 3 weeks
  • Kafusi for another week
  • Gilbert probably see him back round 1 next year.
  • Brenko Lee went off with a hamstring injury so he'll likely be out for at least 2 or 3 weeks.
Gotta break this habit of winning one and losing one! Need to beat Manly and Parramatta and then the big rematch v the Donkeys.
Never mind the Hammer, Gilbert is a hammer blow!

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Brenko Lee is back from a hamstring issue already? Or was he hooked last week?

Dolphins team:​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Tesi Niu
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Poasa Faamausili
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Ray Stone

14. Herman Ese’ese
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Kurt Donoghoe
  17. Valynce Te Whare

18. Max Plath
  19. Jack Bostock
  20. JJ Collins
  21. Robert Jennings
  22. Oliver Gildart

Josh

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow - Welcome back. Should have played last week.
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee - WTF? He limped off with a hamstring injury last game.
  5. Tesi Niu
  6. Kodi Nikorima - What a brain fade by Milf. And he had been playing so well. Niko is a good replacement.
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King - Really missed him last week.
  10. Poasa Faamausili - Hope he's improved since last time.
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Ray Stone

14. Herman Ese’ese
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Kurt Donoghoe - Good luck. I presume he's going to come on to give JMK a rest.
  17. Valynce Te Whare - For me he's #4 or not in the 17.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
So Turbo is now allowed to play this game, despite having had a category 1 HIA, which meant he should have been sitting this week out.

Manly's doctor appealed and the NRL overturned the previously established cat 1, which is almost unprecedented.

With his origin selection on the line, he will likely be all out to have a blinder which is terrible news for us.

All these things that keep happening to us like ridiculous judiciary suspensions, constant terrible ref calls including the 7 tackle set, being scheduled to play the only team without Origin reps (Warriors) after origin etc. are adding up.

The 3 weeks for Wallace was the straw that broke the camels back for me, now this. It makes no sense that the powers that be would want to see us the new franchise fail - but it seems we are definitely getting some very bad luck. Just hope the team keeps competing, but damn we are having some bad luck.

Anyways rant over.

Josh

QLD Cup
So Turbo is now allowed to play this game, despite having had a category 1 HIA, which meant he should have been sitting this week out.

Manly's doctor appealed and the NRL overturned the previously established cat 1, which is almost unprecedented.

With his origin selection on the line, he will likely be all out to have a blinder which is terrible news for us.

All these things that keep happening to us like ridiculous judiciary suspensions, constant terrible ref calls including the 7 tackle set, being scheduled to play the only team without Origin reps (Warriors) after origin etc. are adding up.

The 3 weeks for Wallace was the straw that broke the camels back for me, now this. It makes no sense that the powers that be would want to see us the new franchise fail - but it seems we are definitely getting some very bad luck. Just hope the team keeps competing, but damn we are having some bad luck.

Anyways rant over.
I'm still scratching my head over it. I actually think the Milf suspension was even harsher than Wallace's. Or am I missing something? It wasn't high, there wasn't a lot in it. He didn't smash the Warriors player with everything he had. It was late. Deserved a penalty and I guess they are cracking down on it so the sin bin was also justified. But 3 week suspension? I can't understand it at all.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I'm still scratching my head over it. I actually think the Milf suspension was even harsher than Wallace's. Or am I missing something? It wasn't high, there wasn't a lot in it. He didn't smash the Warriors player with everything he had. It was late. Deserved a penalty and I guess they are cracking down on it so the sin bin was also justified. But 3 week suspension? I can't understand it at all.
100% Milf's one was bad too, as were the other ones for the hip-drops like JMK's, and Kafusi's first 4 weeker was just waaaaay overboard.

Chris

QLD Cup
100% Milf's one was bad too, as were the other ones for the hip-drops like JMK's, and Kafusi's first 4 weeker was just waaaaay overboard.
That 3 or 4 week suspension for Kafusi in the early rounds was astonishing. It was very debatable to call it "late" and it wasn't high.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
That 3 or 4 week suspension for Kafusi in the early rounds was astonishing. It was very debatable to call it "late" and it wasn't high.
There have been quite a few similarly bad suspensions this year for other clubs too, but it feels like we have copped it much worse.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Now in Cincinnati where the game will occur at a much more civil 6 AM. Hopefully I'll be awake for that. Big game here, another loss would see them fall out of the top 8. With the number of injuries and suspensions which seem to increase weekly, climbing back into playoff contention will be extremely difficult.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Now in Cincinnati where the game will occur at a much more civil 6 AM. Hopefully I'll be awake for that. Big game here, another loss would see them fall out of the top 8. With the number of injuries and suspensions which seem to increase weekly, climbing back into playoff contention will be extremely difficult.
Are you on holiday or there for business?

Red

Forum staff
It's a problem. This was supposed to be the period we marched up the ladder but the opposite is happening. Really need a win to stop the rot tonight.

Dolph

QLD Cup
It's a problem. This was supposed to be the period we marched up the ladder but the opposite is happening. Really need a win to stop the rot tonight.
Nevermind. Get back on track tonight and then I think next round is a bye.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Sorry to hear you have to be in the US. Hope things get better soon.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Sorry to hear you have to be in the US. Hope things get better soon.
This isn't your childhood USA. Saudi Arabia is threatening them with economic sanctions. Trust our regime to double down on the rapidly failing empire.

Josh

QLD Cup
Big game. Don't win and I would have to think top 4 is beyond our reach this year.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Well, that was a little too easy, wasn't it?
Sacha Baron Cohen Yes GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Red

Forum staff
Not another one of these games! One of these days, maybe today, there won't be any comeback.