What's new

Other Clubs in 2024

Red

Forum staff
I'd say based on the games so far, we are going to have to drastically up our game from the trials to have a decent chance of beating the top teams.

And if Tom Turbo stays healthy, Manly are going to be right up there.

Dolph

QLD Cup
I'd say based on the games so far, we are going to have to drastically up our game from the trials to have a decent chance of beating the top teams.

And if Tom Turbo stays healthy, Manly are going to be right up there.
I wasn't overly impressed by Souths or Broncos. Both very beatable.

Reactions: Red

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Souths looked crap. I still dont' see the hype in Mitchell i mean he has flashes of brilliance but i've never seen him actually string together any consistency. Lets face it he isn't GI.

Broncos forwards looked really weak but that Mariner guy they squeezed in to the backline looks like star of the future.

Manly well, clunky but when it was firing they looked very very good.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Was really surprised about the Melbourne-Penrith game last night. Melbourne without their best player. Premiership race is wide open this year. At this point I'd have to say, unfortunately it looks like the Roosters will be very hard to beat.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Was really surprised about the Melbourne-Penrith game last night. Melbourne without their best player. Premiership race is wide open this year. At this point I'd have to say, unfortunately it looks like the Roosters will be very hard to beat.
not really suprised as probbally the hardest team they played in openning round in two years

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Titans look lost, I didn't rate STG on paper but it appears to be stronger in the flesh.

DOGS, PMSL.

Red

Forum staff
Titans look lost, I didn't rate STG on paper but it appears to be stronger in the flesh.

DOGS, PMSL.
Without Foran leading them around, Titans are a rabble. With Foran, I think they are leading by about 18 points after the first half. And then Fifta! So with Foran and Fifita, I think leading by about 24 after the first half. Time will tell. Going to be a bad weekend for QLD regardless. Might be better to move to England:cautious:.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Wonder how the Broncos are going to fare tonight. Without Haas for the next month with a really tough draw I think they might be about to march their way down the competition table. Then Haas comes back just before Origin. If they struggle during Origin by the time its over, top 4 might already beyond their grasp.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Great game between the eagles and wahs. Some dubious refereeing but a fair result
I thought Warriors were very hard done by on a number of occasions but not sure about that last penalty the Warriors got. A bit of a square-up. But yeah, it was a good game.

Red

Forum staff
Anyone watching Roosters v Broncos. After Young scored to make it 40, one of our BroncosHQ friends was sitting right near the fence giving the finger to the world🤣.

I don't think Reynolds being out will hurt them as much as most think. But we might still need to be the QLD flag-bearer in the top 4.

mr_c

QLD Cup
god how much do warriors look like basket cases when sj dont fire

Jetty

QLD Cup
Love this thing with Fifita even though Hasler might turn Titans into a powerhouse.

Roosters ‘withdraw’ David Fifita deal after 10pm phone call​

i.e. Roosters withdrew offer to save face before he officially withdrew from the Roosters.

Red

Forum staff
Are the Broncos gone for this year or what? Their forwards without Carrigan and Flegler have become soft. Too many athletes not enough tough, hard workers.

Chris

QLD Cup
Are the Broncos gone for this year or what? Their forwards without Carrigan and Flegler have become soft. Too many athletes not enough tough, hard workers.
Without Walsh and Reynolds they aren't a top 8 team. With those 2 I think they are comfortably top 8 but I can't see them winning the premiership or even making the GF again this year.

mr_c

QLD Cup
i think they can just need rigght attitude as kev said they just didn't bring it but not far off will be great warriors game after there bye