What's new

Finals series

Dolph

QLD Cup
Now Dolphins are out of the running, who do you think will make the finals. Who will make the GF? Who will win the GF?
  1. Penrith
  2. Brisbane
  3. Melbourne
  4. New Zealand

There 4 teams are way, way ahead of the rest.

5. Canberra
  6. Cowboys
  7. Cronulla
  8. Newcastle
I know this will be controversial and on paper Broncos are way ahead of Melbourne but with Papenhauzen back and the record Melbourne has over Brisbane......

• GF = Penrith v Melbourne
  • Winner = Penrith

Red

Forum staff
Now Dolphins are out of the running, who do you think will make the finals. Who will make the GF? Who will win the GF?
  1. Penrith
  2. Brisbane
  3. Melbourne
  4. New Zealand

5. Canberra
  6. Cowboys
  7. Cronulla
  8. Newcastle
I know this will be controversial and on paper Broncos are way ahead of Melbourne but with Papenhauzen back and the record Melbourne has over Brisbane......

• Winner = Penrith
Penrith aren't that far ahead. Could easily be Melbourne-Brisbane. I think the Warriors are a little behind. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Penrith, Broncos, Melbourne and Cowboys or Canberra in the last 4.

Jetty

QLD Cup
  1. Penrith
  2. Brisbane
  3. Melbourne
  4. New Zealand

5. Canberra
  6. Cowboys
  7. Cronulla
  8. Newcastle

• Winner = Penrith
Melbourne just said to the Broncos, "anything you can do, I can do better."

GF: Melbourne v Penrith

Winner: Melbourne

Josh

QLD Cup
  1. Penrith
  2. Brisbane
  3. Melbourne
  4. New Zealand

5. Canberra
  6. Cowboys
  7. Cronulla
  8. Newcastle

• Winner = Penrith
The only thing that is certain is that Broncos, Storm or Panthers will win.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
I'd love to see the warriors get there. Only issue I can see is they tend to throw stupid plays without pressure. The odd low percentage pass.

Easy to defend against sit back wait for them to mess it up. However when they pull it off they are great to watch

Nashy

Broncos Scout
I'd love to see the warriors get there. Only issue I can see is they tend to throw stupid plays without pressure. The odd low percentage pass.

Easy to defend against sit back wait for them to mess it up. However when they pull it off they are great to watch

I don't think the Warriors could take down the Panthers even on one of their good days.

Equaliser

I'd love to see it too but I just think they lack in attack. SJ has to be involved in everything. They have no plan B.

Equaliser

1. Penrith
  2. Brisbane
  3. Melbourne
  4. New Zealand

5. Canberra
  6. Cowboys
  7. Cronulla
  8. Newcastle

• Winner = Penrith
I'm going to show my lack of imagination.
GF: Penrith - Broncos
Winner: Penrith
Score: 22 - 6
MoM - James Fischer Harris (he won't like all the talk about Haas being the best prop)

Jetty

QLD Cup

How was the game? I don't know why Adrian Lam didn't make it in the NRL.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I don't. I got a season ticket for a league 1 team (semi pro) called midlands hurricanes. I don't really follow ESL but I go to the cup final as it's a good day out
Is that old trafford in the background of your avatar?

I was there at the end of last year. Looks like the giant carpark out the front with the Neville's hideous hotel shadowing it?

Josh

QLD Cup
Top 4 locked in. Order not yet but probably:
  1. Broncos
  2. Penrith
  3. NZ
  4. Melbourne
1 v 4 will be a ripper! Warriors have a real chance v Penrith when they will be without Luai.

Red

Forum staff
The question is, does anyone want the Broncos to win?
I'm torn on the issue.
Positives are:
  • The trophy coming back to QLD. Been a long time. Been a really long time if not for that single Cowboys win.
  • Nashy Nashy will be happy.
  • Some of those angry dudes at Broncos HQ will chill out a little:oops:.
  • Penrith, Melbourne or Roosters not winning.
Negatives:
  • At this early stage of our existence, it risks Broncos doing another Gold Coast on us. That is, turning us into a Broncos feeder club. At least for a while.
I guess that's the only negative.

Josh

QLD Cup

NRL FINALS DRAW - WEEK 1 (All times AEST)

Qualifying Final (2nd vs 3rd):Brisbane Broncos vs Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium

Date/Time: Friday, 7:50pm

Qualifying Final (1st vs 4th): Penrith Panthers vs New Zealand Warriors at BlueBet Stadium

Date/Time: Saturday, 4pm

Elimination Final (6th vs 7th): Cronulla Sharks vs Sydney Roosters at Shark Park.

Date/Time: Saturday, 7:50pm

Elimination Final (5th vs 8th): Newcastle Knights vs Canberra Raiders at McDonald Jones Stadium

Date/Time: Sunday, 4pm

I'm going for:
  • Broncos
  • Warriors
  • Roosters
  • Newcastle

Jetty

QLD Cup

NRL FINALS DRAW - WEEK 1 (All times AEST)

Qualifying Final (2nd vs 3rd):Brisbane Broncos vs Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium

Date/Time: Friday, 7:50pm

Qualifying Final (1st vs 4th): Penrith Panthers vs New Zealand Warriors at BlueBet Stadium

Date/Time: Saturday, 4pm

Elimination Final (6th vs 7th): Cronulla Sharks vs Sydney Roosters at Shark Park.

Date/Time: Saturday, 7:50pm

Elimination Final (5th vs 8th): Newcastle Knights vs Canberra Raiders at McDonald Jones Stadium

Date/Time: Sunday, 4pm

I'm going for:
  • Broncos
  • Warriors
  • Roosters
  • Newcastle
I'd prefer Cronulla to beat Sydney.

Red

Forum staff
Anyone got tips for the 4 games? 3 of the 4 games seem as though it'll be easy. Storm vs Broncos is the hard one.
  1. Brisbane Broncos vs Melbourne Storm - Melbourne by 2
  2. Penrith Panthers vs New Zealand Warriors - Penrith by 14
  3. Cronulla Sharks vs Sydney Roosters - Roosters by 12
  4. Newcastle Knights vs Canberra Raiders - Newcastle by 10

Chris

QLD Cup
Broncos to score a late try to seal it.
  1. Brisbane Broncos vs Melbourne Storm - Broncos by 10
  2. Penrith Panthers vs New Zealand Warriors - Penrith by 10
  3. Cronulla Sharks vs Sydney Roosters - Roosters by 14
  4. Newcastle Knights vs Canberra Raiders - Newcastle by 10